Filtering etiquette?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Guy in front with the camera was clearly to blame, who the hell rides facing backwards like that...MADMAN!

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Got to say that it's a bit of both, poor observation form the downed rider and a little impatience from the passing chap.

Still credit to the guy for coming back to check the downed rider was ok.

I have to admit I've made a similar move in the "moment of momentum" and nearly clipped another rider who seemed vague about taking the gap. I stopped at the next lights and apologised, which confused him as he seemed oblivious.

Reactions: gaz

boydj

Legendary Member
If you are going to overtake another rider, it's good etiquette to give them a shout to let them know you are there, especially when the road is busy. That's not an excuse for the fallen rider who should have been more aware of what was behind him.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I think the overtaking cyclist expected the falling cyclist to pull out to pass the car but stay behind Gaz and the motorbike. Instead, the falling cyclist decided to pass the motorbike, closing the gap that the overtaking cyclist had pretty much already committed to. Falling cyclist should have shoulder checked, overtaking cyclist should have anticipated the move.

broadway

Veteran
The slower rider seems to be meandering about all over the place in a daze, and the faster rider doesn't seem to be bothered by that, with inevitable consequences!

He did have Gaz in front so wouldn't be 100% sure how Gaz would handle the scooter and BMW that were turning left.

OP
OP
gaz

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
He did have Gaz in front so wouldn't be 100% sure how Gaz would handle the scooter and BMW that were turning left.
Had I known the scooter rider was going left I would have straight away gone for that gap on the right. But I had to be hesitant as he pissed about just in case some numpty shot up the inside like we saw.

thefollen

Veteran
Gaz, looks as though they both had eyes on overtaking you. Were I one of the cyclists behind, unless you were signalling left I'd have stayed back and rolled slowly through behind you in single file. They obviously weren't looking past the respective person immediately in front, and therefore not reading the road situation as a whole.

The moped is being rather impatient there and should have stayed behind the car in front indicating left (who didn't left him/her through).

Ultimately when the roads get congested like that there's not much to be gained by overtaking other cyclists. Best to chill, and if one wants to light up the legs/overtake, wait for it to clear. Likely everyone will end up at the next set of lights :-)

Reactions: gaz
Top Bottom