Final Stage 20 *SPOILER*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mangaman

I can't see that he should this year, actually. He hasn't had such an impressive year in general, and he didn't get the Green*. He's still Britain's best male cyclist by far, but if you really want 'fairness', you should be pushing for Emma Pooley, who is at the moment, Britain's best cyclist IMHO. But of course she's a female cyclist and they don't count at all, do they?

*Of course, if Cav wins the Worlds, he will have a case...

If they knew, or cared, about cycling history - Cav's winning of Milan-San Remo at aged 23 was one of the best performances ever by a Brit. in any cycle event IMHO. I certainly gave him no chance. Unfortunately that was last year.

As you say if he wins the worlds - he may get a 2 second mention.

Hard to think of any great sportsmen this year. Unless Andy Murray wins the US Open or one of the Formula 1 people win.

A bit left-field, but Lee Westwood - the golfer, and a decent bloke by all accounts - will become golf's World number 1 if he wins this week. He has been incredibly consistent recently (and actually, like Cav, has a personality).

Neither will win though.

Jessica Ennis / Mo Farah?

It's usually something the BBC has excusive TV rights to :whistle:

montage

God Almighty
Mo farah would be a great one to win it, and I would say deserves it.
Hard to beat the way in which Eddy Izzard won it though.
Murray in the semi finals could give him a chance

JNR

Thanks JNR

(I think it's a pity they cut to the aerial view quite so quickly on all the coverage...)

I was thinking the exact same thing, I even went and watched it on Sky+ since I hadn't deleted that particular programme. I still think it's a superb clip though, I'll remember that for a long time.

I wish I was as fast as Cav... :tongue:

Top Bottom