Finally broke my helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Licramite

Über Member
Ok it needed replacing , it was scuffed , it had had a few knocks but putting it away this morning I noticed a crack joining two vent holes. - and I haven't a clue how it happened.

yea I came off twice on sunday - mtb - I was having problems with my chain coming off and the first time I was standing on the pedals using my aerobars , so bike stops and I keal over.

second time again on the bloody aerobars and front wheel takes a rut and I keal over - stability is a real problem (it was a big rut ) but I,m wondering if they are worth it, gives you more power i reckon but they are very touchy.

but I don't remember hitting my head at all , yea on the second one I was upsidedown with the bike on top of me. but the speed was nothing. I'm going up a very steep hill.

bad day in all , I gave up after the third chain off , broke the chain guard (somehow?)

I would like to say it saved my life , but it didn't save my legs , they are a bit chewed up.

Killed mine yesterday as well.
I am left with a black eye & bruised forehead:B) currently looking like my OH beats me up and runs off (he is away from home yet again for the week!) . no idea what the outcome would have been without it... but it is now in 4 pieces after I came off my mtb after nailing a 3 foot jump, landing spot on and then failing control the stopping the bike afterwards :whistle: . Other injuries include - well bruises everywhere except left arm (no idea how it escaped because I dropped the bike to the left (uphill direction rather than right which was downhill or over the bars which would also have been downhill) and feet which also strangley escaped bruising. wishing my left ribs had missed the bruising out as well.

Helmet is was only 15 months old. trying for the Specialized discount option you get when you kill a helmet that is less than 2 years old and want to replace it, but not sure I will get it because this spesh helmet was purchased in Greece and need to replace the current one in the UK!

IMG_5462_800.JPG IMG_5463_800.JPG IMG_5464_800.JPG IMG_5465_800.JPG

OP
OP
Licramite

Licramite

Über Member
I would get a parachute as well as a new helmet. - the aerodynamic qualities of bikes are not good , and as always your doing fine right upto the point you hit the ground. but glad to hear your ok (ish) and any landing you can walk away from , is a good one , even if it is on your head.

I would say your helmet definately saved you yesterday and give it a burial with full military honours.

I would get a parachute as well as a new helmet. - the aerodynamic qualities of bikes are not good , and as always your doing fine right upto the point you hit the ground. but glad to hear your ok (ish) and any landing you can walk away from , is a good one , even if it is on your head.

I would say your helmet definately saved you yesterday and give it a burial with full military honours.
I actually made the landing - that is what is so annoying - I came off after I had landed safely! helmet has been returned to original home for inspection - I assume the look at how they have failed as the main reason for wanting them back.

Shouldn't matter that you bought it in Greece, call them on 0208 391 3500 and ask for customer services.

the helmet is now on its way "home" to spech. I am getting a new one from them.
thank you for the tel no. I had done the contact me via email option and heard nothing. the guy on the phone at customer services was very helpful and a new (upgraded) helmet will be on its way to me once they have my old one back. with any luck I should have a helmet again before my cycling holiday on Saturday... but between now and then I will just have to be very careful, still I woudl not be able to wear on even if I had one because it is too swollen and hurts with even a hat on it! (i have no other transport except for bikes during the week!)

SatNav: gws!
Caution on that bike! :eek:
thank you. promise not to throw it off any more jumps until I have healed and have a helmet to wear or at least my head is not too sore to wear the new helmet... :whistle: black eye has come up a beauty this morning and the forehead is looking, well uhmmm interesting...:B)
might have to delay our trip to the red route at Wolftrax at Laggan until the 2nd week of our holiday rather than the first! (up round Loch Rannoch area for 2 weeks from Saturday)

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Ok it needed replacing , it was scuffed , it had had a few knocks but putting it away this morning I noticed a crack joining two vent holes. - and I haven't a clue how it happened.

yea I came off twice on sunday - mtb - I was having problems with my chain coming off and the first time I was standing on the pedals using my aerobars , so bike stops and I keal over.

second time again on the bloody aerobars and front wheel takes a rut and I keal over - stability is a real problem (it was a big rut ) but I,m wondering if they are worth it, gives you more power i reckon but they are very touchy.

but I don't remember hitting my head at all , yea on the second one I was upsidedown with the bike on top of me. but the speed was nothing. I'm going up a very steep hill.

bad day in all , I gave up after the third chain off , broke the chain guard (somehow?)

I would like to say it saved my life , but it didn't save my legs , they are a bit chewed up.

FFS............

OP
OP
Licramite

Licramite

Über Member
rob3rt - I think your right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom