Finally Collected my Spesh sectuer elite

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dr Jon

Well after waiting quite some time, 4 weeks ;) I finally went to collect my Spesh, and my word isnt it lurvely.

30751_10150180566540165_510395164_12568692_5678244_n.jpg

30751_10150180566555165_510395164_12568693_1121063_n.jpg

30751_10150180566565165_510395164_12568694_3057930_n.jpg

30751_10150180566590165_510395164_12568695_646469_n.jpg

Only ridden 10 miles on her so far, but she is fantastic. I also managed to get £80 worth of freebies such as bottle cages, cycle computer mini tool and pump. However I prefered to use my Cateye strada.

If any one can suggest some brake pads that offer abit more bite I would be very grateful.

Thanks the Doc

Norm

Dr Jon said:
...and my word isnt it lurvely.
Yes. ;)

e-rider

crappy member
They might just need bedding-in. Try cleaning the rim as they often have grease on them from the factory and then just wear them in correctly. After about 100 miles they should be working much better.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Nice one. As I have said on another thread. They have changed the paintwork on the Elite since I got mine last September.

picture.php

OP
OP
D

Dr Jon

Thanks for the comments, as for brakes its most likely just me being the problem, I havent ridden without disc brakes now for quite some years, and the performace I find much better but I shall clean the rims and hopefully get them bedded in soon.

Ian I also have noticed a change in the paint scheme, I much prefer the new style though.

I will hopefully put my first video up on friday too, using my new md80.

Now does any one have opinions on pedals? Should I change to road style set up rather than using my MTB jobbies.

Thanks again The Doc

OP
OP
D

Dr Jon

bauldbairn said:
Very nice bike Dr Jon! :biggrin:

Thanks mate, Im very pleased with it, although being abit crazy I am already thinking of small upgrades :rofl:

As for pedals, the reason is I took the ones on there off my mtb and the bearings are abit ropey. So Ive been looking, just decided to stick with mtb style though, Ordered 2 sets of shimano 520s as I must say I am not very happy with crank brothers.

By the way Ian, am I now allowed to join the Spesh sectuer club ??? ;)

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Of course mate...

btw re the brakes. They are like cheese. Hated mine, so swapped them for 105's. 100% Better...

Dr Jon said:
By the way Ian, am I now allowed to join the Spesh sectuer club ??? :biggrin:

OP
OP
D

Dr Jon

Thanks for all the lovely comments, as soon as I get paid at the end of the week, I will be ordering a set of 105 brakes, a steal at only £56 for the pair.

Need to start building the miles now, going from being a serious mtb'er to a road rider is quite the change.

bauldbairn

Dr Jon said:
Thanks mate, Im very pleased with it, although being abit crazy I am already thinking of small upgrades :biggrin:

Know what you mean :rofl: - I' ve just bought a new bike and the first thing you do is start personalising it.

Let us know how you get on with the mtb pedals though - I fancy giving clipless a go(eventually).

All the best. ;)

Norm

Dr Jon said:
As for pedals, the reason is I took the ones on there off my mtb and the bearings are abit ropey.
Ah, so you want to get rid of old pedals rather than wanting to switch from MTB to road.

Can you not strip them and rebuild?

HaloJ;1257508][quote name= said:
Gorgeous. :blush:
Hello.... oh, sorry, you meant Dr Jon's new bike. :biggrin:

Martok

Klingon on a bike
Nice bike!

I get to try one of these at the forthcoming Hatfield Ride It event in July as I've booked it as a demo bike. I'm wondering if I should start saving now for an N+1...

OP
OP
D

Dr Jon

Right, as for pedals, now running shimano 520's which are an mtb, perfectly fine. The issue was with the crank brothers ones, they are only 15 quid jobbies i picked up in fort william and they arnt rebuildable. Not a huge fan of them either as I find the retension abit lacking. Back with the shimanos and they are great, nice bind, tights and good power transfer platform.

Martok, if your after a £1000 road bike with a relaxed position, I would definitely say consider it. I personally think its fantastic, apart from the brakes but then I have come from the mtb world and got used to uber powerful stoppers. :sad:

Also worth noting is the £80s worth of freebies, I think its a nice lil touch considering the bike shop wouldnt lower the price when I haggled.

I will post a video of a short ride later tonight and Ill have to get some updated pics as Ive been tweeking and adding small items already.

The Doc

Top Bottom