Finally fell off .....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Today was only the second commute of the year, but it snowed a little this arvo.

Got 250 yards from my house after covering 17 miles in piss awful conditions, mounted the kerb at about 6 mph, and staight off.

Cock !

But bike is okay, works mobile phone is okay which if it was in the right pocket would have been crushed and I am okay.

Feel such an arse, should have known better but it just never crossed my mind that mounting the kerb at an angle on snow would end in tears ! ;)

Well, we learn by doing and I won't be doing that again !:thumbsup:

My mother always told me (about driving)

'most crashes happen near your home'

Glad your okay and just your ego is bruised

Arch

Married to Night Train
I fell off for the first time in the current weather, this morning. Nearly at work, at the end of the road that accesses the reserve, I decided I'd ride through the little patch of slush and dismount after it (the path into the reserve is deep crispy slush, which is hard enough to walk in, let alone cycle).

As I hit the slush and started to go down, I realised it was actually sheet ice.

Banged my knees on the frame, but fortunately my well padded coat protected my arm, and I went down so quickly, I didn't have time to put a hand out to save myself, so I just went down on my arm and side.

Took a moment to get up, as my back was already very stiff this morning. then picking the bike up took as long!

I've been so cautious in the snow and ice, walking at times and seeing cyclists ride past me, but I hate the feeling of your back whel skipping about on rough surfaces. Typical, the one time I decide to just ride on...

Hope you're ok, Kevin....

Had a close escape in Karon Thailand when I was returning the electric bike.Just went up the walkway bit with the bike and almost toppled over....the weight of the electric bike almost taking me over.Girl in the shop was watching me as well.

Right at the end of my holiday as well.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
I had the same sort of off last year right outside my drive in full view of all the neighbours ! Just got up quickly and got back on :blush:
Done well this year with no off's mainly because i've used the MTB for the goo and snow !

GrasB

Veteran
I had a moment coming back home, turned into a small side road,nice n' gentle round the corner due to the snow & as I started to put the power down the rear went, I stopped pedalling but being on the fixed this only served to 'lock' the rear wheel. With no clue what leg speed to use I just slowly spun my legs & let the rear drift until it hit clear road... guy in his garden clapped & shouted "first one to say on" :biggrin: :blush:... yeah but only just.

Sam Kennedy

I *nearly* came off today :blush:
I was just turning out of my estate, and I was in a little patch of slush, so I took the corner slowly, I thought I was clear of it, so I came out of the saddle to get my speed up, my bike wheel slide nearly from under me, but managed to find grip just in time!

gouldina

kevin_cambs_uk said:
It didn't really hurt yesterday
but bimey today my neck is killin me !

Two days on from my fall off onto my face and although that's the only bit of me that got bruised and cut up, the rest of my body feels like it's aged by about 20 years. I ache everywhere.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
gouldina said:
Two days on from my fall off onto my face and although that's the only bit of me that got bruised and cut up, the rest of my body feels like it's aged by about 20 years. I ache everywhere.

You feel like going in a washing machine on a 1600 spin.........? :biggrin:

Top Bottom