Finally found one! (Raleigh Record sprint)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
GarryG

GarryG

Thanks @Tony Raynor just taken a look and found one on ebay, another item on the watch list.

The_Cycling_Scientist

Über Member
Seems to be a certain height with those grooved seat posts that get stuck! Mine's about the same height.. I might just have to try some 3-in-1 at the weekend... I have a tin of that stuff laying about!! and that saves me trying to find a way to get dry ice out the lab without being spotted! haha

scottboulderman

Hi @smokeysmoo looks like a great job! Did you have to do anything to convert to 8 speed. I have a 6 speed Record Sprint with 126mm spacing. Will a new wheel with 130mm work or is a mod to the frame required?

Thanks in advance for your help!

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Hi @smokeysmoo looks like a great job! Did you have to do anything to convert to 8 speed. I have a 6 speed Record Sprint with 126mm spacing. Will a new wheel with 130mm work or is a mod to the frame required?

Thanks in advance for your help!
You can 'spring' a 130 into the dropouts quite easy, I wouldn't even bother trying coldsetting the frame.

clyde

I think ive still got a spare front mech off a record sprint. Raleigh bike shop will sell you a headset for about £9. Im just about to put mine back together. Had to buy a parts lot to get the black wheels. Seat posts should come out as its allot not steel so wont be rusted in. The post will polish up. If its totally knackered ive got a spare. Had my gold parts re finished and ive got to polish the rear mech etc then its ready for the build. Any questions just ask.

clyde

From your picture its also missing the correct pedals....you guessed it ive got a spare set.

Top Bottom