Financial investment.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Anyone heard of London Capital & Finance? They offer 8% return on a 3 year ISA. Is it too good to be true? They are members of the FCA but do advise that investments can go down as they loan money to Companies who can default on repayments. All the reviews are quite favourable but I am always weary of reviews.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Anyone heard of London Capital & Finance? They offer 8% return on a 3 year ISA. Is it too good to be true? They are members of the FCA but do advise that investments can go down as they loan money to Companies who can default on repayments. All the reviews are quite favourable but I am always weary of reviews.

The words too good to be true spring to mind. They say 8% returns then state investments may go down. I'll let you draw your own conclusions on that one.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
'Investments can go up or down' suggests it's a stocks and shares ISA. How comfortable are you putting your money into the stock market?

Last edited:
OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
'Investments can up or down' suggests it's a stocks and shares ISA. How comfortable are you putting your money into the stock market?
I am not. I tried it once and got my fingers burned. If it is stock and shares, then it is not for me, especially with Brexit so close now.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I thought ISAs were fixed and guaranteed (correct me if I am wrong) in which case can it be a true ISA ??
When I retired I took advice from my bank's investment section (they were allowed to give indipendant advice).
I dont like high risk so went low risk for 5 years........returns were very good considering the finance situation recently.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
They don't invest in shares etc. They lend money to companies that, for whatever reason, cannot obtain finance elsewhere

The product is a conventional ISA that pays 8% pa for three years. However, the repayment of your capital and the interest thereon is at the discretion of LC&F

Your risk is that London Capital & Finance don't pay out either because they don't want to or they can't. There is no "safety net" on your investment in that respect

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!

From their website. This is enough to put me off.

Please note that the products are not authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority and not protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. Refer to the section on Security to see how our protection works.

lane

Veteran
They are offering you a higher rate of interest in return for taking a higher level of risk i.e a higher chance of getting back less than you invest. Sadly it isn't generally possible to get a high return for taking a low risk. It's either low return low risk or high return high risk or somewhere between.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
They are offering you a higher rate of interest in return for taking a higher level of risk i.e a higher chance of getting back less than you invest. Sadly it isn't generally possible to get a high return for taking a low risk. It's either low return low risk or high return high risk or somewhere between.

But they're not offering a high rate of return just the possibility of a high rate of return

Top Bottom