Fincci tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Does anybody have any personal experience of Fincci tyres? They seem to have a puncture resistant layer like Schwalbe City Jets. Are they about the same sort of standard?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/192481057077

I looked at them a while back but never went through with the purchase for some reason

Hornchurch

Does anybody have any personal experience of Fincci tyres?

They seem to have a puncture resistant layer

Hi Chris - The answer from ME is both "YES" & "YES"

The ones I bought obviously differ slightly from yours, but I guess the composition is the same/similar (materials used)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/203003950274

I bought a set of THESE / ABOVE "FINCCI" TYRES & was so impressed, I bought another set - (as 'back-up' for a similar "Criterium" 700c bike)

Here's the bike that I fitted them to...... a Welsh built "British Eagle - Boss Equipe", seen below..... (before fitment !)

IMG_2890 - Hornchurch's Boss Equipe - (British Eagle).jpg

The tyres (fitted to a brand new replacement wheel for the above cycle), WENT ON AN ABSOLUTE TREAT

Works well on the bike - silent, grippy, fast, no 'drifting' & like I said, impressed ME enough to buy another set, immediately

Incidentally, they 'replaced' a set of "Schwalbe Lugano 2"s, which ARE what you see here, in this front-garden shot/image.

I sincerely think that SOME folks will be (sadly) 'snobbish' over these tyres, deriding them (purely price-driven tho'

Bit like the guys who 'bash' things like a Squire Stratocaster, without ever owning or playing one (I've got 5 x USA Fenders BTW)

To me, they represent phenomenal value for money, hence I didn't pi$$-about, dithering, before buying another set.

Even more impressed, now, having both fitted AND used them, regularly.

Of course, over the years, I'm FAR more well-versed about buying M/cycle tyres for my (older) 1,000cc bikes

Not exactly 'clueless' on the subject (been buying since 1979), so I'd say, "buy with confidence"

I won't hesitate to recommend them & no, I've ZERO affiliation with the company, either.

"Hawny"

P.S ; I remembered YOU mate, as one of the few lads which gave me a warm-welcome here, when I first-joined.... Cheers !

Hope my answer IS of some help ?

Last edited:

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I looked at the weight of some of these in 700 x 32c, which seemed to be over 800g each!

My Vittoria Randonneur Cross tyres in 700 x 35c are 580g and I consider those to be heavy.

Ajax Bay

Guru
DON'T buy them they are 590 sized
26" standard are 599mm
In case anyone comes along later, James has a thumb problem: 26" standard are ETRTO xx-559.
And their link goes (would fit) to: Size: 26 * 1.25 inches. ETRTO 32-559. Suitable for 26" Wheels

Top Bottom