find the fun

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Psycolist

NINJA BYKALIST
I've spent the last couple of weekends with a borrowed off roader between m'legs. Now I havnt gone off road since I was about 14, and at that age, I went off road at any opportunity. Since then, my riding has been a method of transport, until about 6 years ago when I re-discovered the pleasure of cycling. Using a customised hybrid I have covered over 20,000 miles in those 6 years. Just heading off without a particular route or destination, just riding coz it feels good. But since last autum, that pleasure has become just a little stale, re-covering routes and rides that I had gone over many times before and finding that the urge to ride simply for pleasure getting less and less. So I've been wondering how I can re-kindle the feelings of enjoyment, and took a recent chance offered to borrow an off road bike from a friend who is temporarily unable to use it. Over the last 2 weekends, I have gradually got braver and gone further. I have racked up five and a half hours in the saddle over 3 days, where recently I was only doing that in 3 weeks. I've been places, seen things and found routes that I previously didnt know existed. Its been the most fun i've had in the saddle for a long time. Aching legs and dirty bike show testament to my enjoyment, as well as a big grin on my face. So if you find that the shine has rubbed of your cycling experience, and that you are finding too many excuses NOT to go out on your bike, change tack, try a different type of riding and FIND THAT FUN once more.

Top Bottom