Finding the right employee

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
MattHB

MattHB

Proud Daddy
FE is awful now relative to others really if you take the conditions into account. Although what is being taught in FE colleges is sadly evolving downward in some cases. Some might even argue that for what you're teaching a few roles in FE pay quite good money (miles below what maggot's talking about). Desperately sad really, and things have accelerated in the very short few years since I was studying properly at an FE college. Apart from the new proposed tech college round here it's very much a downward trend.

it can do, but edexcel were recently wrapped across the knuckles and are in the process of a total rewrite of the BTEC model, which is long overdue. As a team we do add to our syllabus as much as time allows, I think this is one reason we're still very popular with employers.

and year, compared to comp education, FE money is rubbish, although I prefer the freedom we get in our subjects compared to <16.

Strange really, jobs in hi-tech industries are never very secure, where as it sounds these jobs are quite secure. You'd have thought some fifty-year-old who's just been made redundant might be prepared to retrain. Very techy people are often not very great communicators though.

yes, so long as youre prepared to learn new things and be dynamic and not be scared of trying new stuff, its a very secure job. Colleges cant afford to loose good people and will go to great lengths to keep them, even if courses close.

Sandra6

Veteran
We got shed loads of applicants for a 7 hour job with Halfords at nmw, what's going on?!
I would come and be a TA down there if it weren't for the ridiculous housing costs, up here you're lucky to get £10k pro-rata

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
it can do, but edexcel were recently wrapped across the knuckles and are in the process of a total rewrite of the BTEC model, which is long overdue. As a team we do add to our syllabus as much as time allows, I think this is one reason we're still very popular with employers.

and year, compared to comp education, FE money is rubbish, although I prefer the freedom we get in our subjects compared to <16.

Talking about apprenticeships, the proliferation of basic courses and funding. Shame you're so far away!

Top Bottom