Finding your limits.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Had to share this vid. The poster is wonderfully persistent, and I suspect many of us can think back to a time we were just a bit out of our depth.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0Q9_h0DYLM

Oh all the time. Some days I think i'm John Tomac when I'm more like John Prescott.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
10/10 for determination and effort.
I see that from 4m30s he was rewarded with spectatular views of the aurora borealis.
ETA: Ignore that, looks like it's been my display playing up!

GC

Last edited:
I fully expected him to come off as he turned around to go back to the van. I'd have voted for a brew too at the end of that.

OP
OP
Cubist

Cubist

Still wavin'
He might have done better if he hadn't had his fork locked the whole time, but only in terms of marginal gains I suspect.

I wonder if the van is his?

Reactions: gaz
He might have done better if he hadn't had his fork locked the whole time, but only in terms of marginal gains I suspect.

I wonder if the van is his?
Did he! I never noticed that. I was trying to work out if he was clipping in. If ever there was a case for flat pedals that was it. That van was only about two inches off the ground so it could have been his, it seems his preferred position.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I'm out of my depth most of the time on the MTB (being a roadie) thank goodness my old steel rigid MTB is better than my skills, and it makes me slower downhill.

Fall 8 was a good one !

OP
OP
Cubist

Cubist

Still wavin'
Did he! I never noticed that. I was trying to work out if he was clipping in. If ever there was a case for flat pedals that was it. That van was only about two inches off the ground so it could have been his, it seems his preferred position.

Scrub to 10'54 where he realises his fork is locked.!
He's using what appear to be DMR flats. Is suspect he may not have survived clipped in!

I thought his "mates" we're wonderfully phlegmatic.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
The guy who taught me how to first ride off-road "mtfu, follow me, don't unclip unless I tell you to and do what I do!" used to say "if you aren't out of your depth you either need to find a new trail to ride or you just haven't arrived at the trail yet!"

He's in his 60's now and still riding the mountains.

Jody

Stubborn git
I thought his "mates" we're wonderfully phlegmatic.

I don't have sound but his friends just spent all their time looking at him on the floor. Credit to the lad for keeping on going. His skills arent great but at least he is out their doing it.

OP
OP
Cubist

Cubist

Still wavin'
I don't have sound but his friends just spent all their time looking at him on the floor. Credit to the lad for keeping on going. His skills arent great but at least he is out their doing it.
When he reaches them at the gate and tells them he had been over the bars, the lad in red says something like "good job you've got your pads on."

Credit to the lad for not hurling his bike into the stream! :biggrin:

Jody

Stubborn git
"good job you've got your pads on."

Credit to the lad for not hurling his bike into the stream! :biggrin:

Even worse then. Thanks for the concern then lads :rolleyes:

Most were pretty tame balance issues but its easy to sprain your wrist with the rough paths. As said he would have been hurting if clipped in.

We're looking at doing the Jacobs Ladder route soon and wondering wether to switch to flats for it. Have your ridden round that area @Cubist

Top Bottom