Fire Watch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Studland Common in Dorset is burning. The firemen found a disposable BBQ at the supposed origin of the fire.
Despite mass publicity to NOT use disposable BBQ , BBQ loving campers are still using disposable BBQ in high risk heaths, commons and woodlands.

Have any of you cycle tourists adjusted your cooking arrangements to the fire risk warnings?

GuyBoden

Guru
Disposable BBQs need a law banning them.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I used to use a disposable BBQ when at the aravan, and occasionally at the beach, but treated myself to a camping gaz Party Grill 400CV - it's ace, and comes with griddle/hot plate, normal grill mesh and a wok - yep, cooked chinese food on the beach this year !

A neighbour lost their back garden to a blaze last week. How it didn't take the house and others with it was a miracle, and a fast response from the fire brigade. No idea how it started, but everything is tinder dry.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
It's all about stupidity/lack of giving a fook!

I'm camping next weekend with friends and will likely have a campfire as usual. It will be continuously and responsibly monitored. We will ensure it is out before we go to bed and will replace the grass we remove to have the fire once all fire activities are finished. We have been doing this for decades, it isn't difficult.

When returning to the sites later in the year or the following year we are never quite certain where the previous fire was located.

Sharky

Guru
Parent's nightmare: daughter and her OH and two boys flew off on holiday to Bordeau yesterday, to stay in a remote windmill. Whilst they were in flight, the bbc news reported huge forest fires in the Bordeau region, which had been burning for several days!

Our fears were subdued when they reported back that they had safely arrived at their destination. The fires were 45 minutes away from where they were staying and rain forecast this week. They were held up when they had to pull over when 40+ fire engines went past heading for the fires.

Top Bottom