FIRE !!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
We all failed the fire drill at work - apparently staff showed no sign of urgency and were chatting so loud that the marshalls couldn't be heard when trying to work out if everyone was present and correct. Thing is, if we had shown urgency, they would have moaned that people were creating a panic... Fortunatley I missed this great event, on nights they would just let us burn - apparently our main priority is to move the disaster recovery bag out of the building, so calls can be transferred. If that involves getting charcoaled, it's not really an issue...

Arch

Married to Night Train
I was staying somewhere once when the Fire Alarm went off while I was in the shower. It was an old place and the showers were not in the rooms but along the corridor.

Do you know how cold you get standing outside a building in November at approx 7pm on a very cold evening, when you are very wet from a shower, and you are just holding a very small towel(which is not big enough to dry yourself and keep covered up)?

And can you imagine the comments from the other people staying there?

Probably, but I can certainly imagine the comments you're going to get from people on here!

Globalti

Legendary Member
I discovered a fire in a waste paper bin one lunch time, some silly bint had thrown a fag end into a mass of tissue paper then gone out leaving a fan heater on full blast. The air movement had made the tissue smoulder and it burst into flame as I turned the bin upside down. Enough smoke got into the corridor to set off the alarms, FB came and checked it. Half an hour later smoking was banned for good in the offices. Result!

Is it bad that I can read the op quite easily filtering out the <beep> as I'm used to reading things between HTML tags!

It used to be quite amusing to cycle past the tower block university halls when a fire drill (or drunken setting fire alarm off) and you'd see girls in their pyjamas with a hoodie on top to keep warm, and near them, a bloke wrapped in a pink duvet trying to look casual.

snorri

Legendary Member
From my experience of alarms going off in the night in hotels, I think the exhibitionists among us see fire alarms as an opportunity rather than an inconvenience.:biggrin:

Top Bottom