Firefox 3

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
downloaded it last night. seems a decent improvement over the previous version (mac OS).

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
This is one of those threads that I haven't got the tiniest chance of understanding. I use firefox and it works i.e. I can click on websites and they come up. I now have the impression that it can do more. Are there idiot proof instructions in plain English to be had anywhere?

Also what is an Ubuntu? It sounds a bit African and the sort of thing you might shoot to have for dinner after a hard day in the bush.

OP
OP
M

Melvil

Andy in Sig said:
This is one of those threads that I haven't got the tiniest chance of understanding. I use firefox and it works i.e. I can click on websites and they come up. I now have the impression that it can do more. Are there idiot proof instructions in plain English to be had anywhere?

Also what is an Ubuntu? It sounds a bit African and the sort of thing you might shoot to have for dinner after a hard day in the bush.

Firefox is pretty famous for it's add-ons like the ability to run itunes within the browser, or search flickr or other stuff. But you don't need most of them. I use firefox 'as is' most of the time. Firefox 3 is, I'm finding, a lot faster than 2 and less likely to crash (which it did a lot of on my mac).

Ubuntu is a version of the Linux operating system (say, in graphical terms, a very rough equivalent of Windows XP) and is, you could say, a fair amount more user friendly than some previous versions. Linux has a lot of supporters and is supposed to be a very good thing. But it requires a little techie knowledge as some programs and computer games need a little tinkering to install properly rather than mostly being 'plug and play' like windows and mac OS.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
the killer function would have been compatibility with the red dot content management system. it still doesn't, so for my money it's just an upgrade which makes it faster and more stable (hopesully).

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Andy - I don't bother with the fancy stuff, I just like the speed increases and the better 'back button' and a few bits.... much quicker !

Top Bottom