Firefox 3

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longers

Legendary Member
I'm using it now but having never used 2, I can't really offer any advice.

Wasn't that helpful? ;)

I tried it a few weeks ago - but for some reason I reverted to 2...with 'colourful tabs' etc.
This is equally helpful I know :biggrin: but generally Firefox is pretty good innit? I probably needed to fine tune my settings or something.
Knocks ie into the proverbial 'cocked hat'. I like the Scrapbook facility and the way I can drag sites down from the title bar and they are 'held' there, waiting for their next click upon...

buddha

Veteran
I had v3 beta installed on my Ubuntu (linux) machine. But it kept crashing, was slow, didn't work with quite a few extensions etc. So i reverted back to v2.
I will try again when most of the problems have been ironed out.

I put V3 on my mum's laptop and use V2 on my own PC and to tell the truth, I don't see much difference. V3 was locking up occasionally today and I had to minimise and maximise to unlock. V2 is working fine for me.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Beta was buggy and a lot of the add ons still don't work (getting there). It'll be very good when it's sorted though. The speed alone is great.

yello

buddha said:
I had v3 beta installed on my Ubuntu (linux) machine. But it kept crashing, was slow, didn't work with quite a few extensions etc.

Beta 5 works okay for me on Ubuntu 8.04. I've turned off compatibility checking for add-ons and all mine seem to work okay. I'm tempted to go to release candidate 3 though.

domtyler

Über Member
All my add ons don't work yet although as soon as Google toolbar is ported across I'll upgrade. The speed for sites like GMail is vastly improved over 2.

barq

I'm using beta 5 with (K)ubuntu and it crashes less than v2 and they seem to have fixed the memory leak. I like the search facility in the address bar. Occasionally a window or tab refuses to load any new pages, but you can just open a new window and carry on. I assume that has been fixed by now.

We are getting so close to the actual release that I'm holding off upgrading my work computer for a couple more weeks.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
The latest news is that Firefox 3 will be released on next Tuesday (17th June), release candidate 3 is currently available, and apparently the only out standing issues to be sorted are with Mac OS X, so if you are not a Mac user, it is probably worth down loading...

Top Bottom