Firefox 3

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Genuine question:
I presume it's poss to download Firefox and then use both FF and IE (for sake of comaprison) forra bit?????? Only ever used IE meself so far, but peeps keep talking about FF, so must be worth a try, when I get a spare mo!

domtyler

Über Member
Fnaar said:
Genuine question:
I presume it's poss to download Firefox and then use both FF and IE (for sake of comaprison) forra bit?????? Only ever used IE meself so far, but peeps keep talking about FF, so must be worth a try, when I get a spare mo!

Yes, you have to choose a default browser but it is easy to change it again to whatever you want.

gavintc

Guru
I find certain websites do not like Firefox and frequently have both IE and Firefox open at the same. I use Firefox as my default, but use Safari or IE as the need arises.

OP
OP
M

Melvil

Hairy Jock said:
The latest news is that Firefox 3 will be released on next Tuesday (17th June), release candidate 3 is currently available, and apparently the only out standing issues to be sorted are with Mac OS X, so if you are not a Mac user, it is probably worth down loading...

As I'm a Mac OS X user, do you know what these issues are?

domtyler

Über Member
gavintc said:
I find certain websites do not like Firefox and frequently have both IE and Firefox open at the same. I use Firefox as my default, but use Safari or IE as the need arises.

Seems to be sorted in 3, all the sites that were previously FF unfriendly now seem to work fine.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Melvil said:
As I'm a Mac OS X user, do you know what these issues are?

I think it is this one "If you are using IPv6 from a network location that doesn't support IPv6 routing your DNS lookups may be very slow". As I understand it they expect to have it sorted by next Tuesday.

gavintc said:

There is also a plugin called IE Tab which embeds Internet Explorer in tabs of Mozilla/Firefox... you can even get Microsoft Windows Update website to run in Firefox using it.

bonj2

i've installed it on one of the computers at work. Only difference i notice is the recent sites dropdown in the address bar has now got the page title and icon in it, which is a nice touch, and the back/forward buttons are fancier.

Abitrary

If you're using linux, use firefox.

If you're using windows, use IE. I'm not going to spend an extra 3 billion seconds out of everyday waiting for firefox to load. Time is money.

Nor will I ever use again the firefox preloader, which is just another piece of jizz clogging up my process man.

Nor will I be a person who claims to use firefox, but actually uses IE, like I guess most are. But not here.

buddha

Veteran
I tried FF3 (again). But it's still slow to load.
For the last month I've been using Opera. Which although not as fancy as FF loads fast and is generally quicker IMO.

bonj2

Abitrary said:
If you're using linux, use firefox.

If you're using windows, use IE. I'm not going to spend an extra 3 billion seconds out of everyday waiting for firefox to load. Time is money.

Nor will I ever use again the firefox preloader, which is just another piece of jizz clogging up my process man.

Nor will I be a person who claims to use firefox, but actually uses IE, like I guess most are. But not here.

just dont' ever shut it down?

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
buddha said:
I tried FF3 (again). But it's still slow to load.
For the last month I've been using Opera. Which although not as fancy as FF loads fast and is generally quicker IMO.

Do you get the sound of a fat lady singing to let you know the page has loaded? :ohmy:

Top Bottom