Firefox issue with MacBook Pro

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
I've downloaded the most recent version of Firefox but when I start my laptop, I have to reinstall Firefox and all my tabs are gone. Basically, I have to start with Firefox as if I'm using it for the first time.

This was never an issue until now. Anyone know what's going on and how to fix it?

Thanks. :notworthy:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Anyone know what's going on and how to fix it?

Thanks. :notworthy:

Windows 10 ! :whistle:

If it's just tabs you've lost you can get them back by clicking on the hamburger menu (three horizontal lines) and clicking History->Restore Previous Session

If you've lost everything, bookmarks, history, logins etc as well then it sounds like your profile might have been overwritten or a new one created.

Profiles are stored in /Users/yourname/Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles/ and your previous one might be in there.

I was going to write down the process for restoring a previous one but then I found this:
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/recovering-important-data-from-an-old-profile

Do you have firefox set up on another device? Just sign up to firefox sync and then the settings will come across from the device you sign up from. On mobile you get a 'desktop bookmarks' folder and vice versa on desktop.

Top Bottom