First 10 miler

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
2wd

2wd

Canyon Aeroad CF 7.0 Di2
Aah thanks

I'll whip my grundies off and go and slap some lube cream on now,err next time I go out^_^

jamsarnie

Aah thanks

I'll whip my grundies off and go and slap some lube cream on now,err next time I go out^_^
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/udderly-smooth-chamois-cream/

OP
OP
2wd

2wd

Canyon Aeroad CF 7.0 Di2
Yeh it was hard work trying to drive,see how old the rider was,work out the colour of the bike and see if it had
any gears all at the same time ^_^

On another note I need to edit the topic to....

2nd 10 miler :becool:

Done another one tonight,slightly different route though (no MOA Hill)

I was "in the zone" and felt I could have done a few more miles :thumbsup:

Set off in daylight (usually do night rides) and OMG the potholes are even worse than I thought

OMBCs roads must be amongs the worst in the country :angry:

There's some pics of me on some of Colinj's cycle chat rides
if you want to scare yourself :laugh:

5 years ago 30 miles was the furthest I'd ever done, do 60-70 miles twice a week
now,doing 115miles on Sunday on a forum ride,Just keep up the riding it will get easier,

I have to agree about the state of the roads,The tarmac is crumbling
away around the grids leaving huge holes which don't seem to be getting
repaired at all,There's a shocker at the top of Broadway that's the full length
of the grid about 4 inches wide and just as deep,absolutely lethal if you were to
hit that in wet weather cos you'd not know it was there :angry:

frayBentos59

Specialized OCD
well done dude!

Globalti

Legendary Member
I've never seen the roads in such bad condition, and this is after a relatively mild winter. There is no money to do routine maintenance so gutters and gulleys are not being cleaned out and water has been running across roads, freezing and causing damage. Verges are crumbling, patches, manhole covers, everything is breaking up. Yet here in Bury a fortune is being wasted on a scheme to "one way" all the streets around the Heywood Street area so as to prevent drivers cutting through a residential district to jump the long queues that form at rush hour.

OP
OP
2wd

2wd

Canyon Aeroad CF 7.0 Di2
@ Pennine Paul

Seen you mugshots now....:eek:........^_^

I'll keep my eyes peeled whilst dodging all the potholes and crumbling roads!

Since last week I've done

Tuesday 10.5 miles
Wednedsay 10 miles
Thursday 10.4 miles
Friday 8 miles
Monday (tonight) 8 miles

Felt really good tonight and challenged myself to another hill I struggled up earlier this year and murdered it this time :thumbsup:

Friday was my first ever commute and I did it in the full lycra :ohmy:

Burst through the door and advised the ladies not to get to excited as the pants were padded :blush:

Then told the lads they had one shot to take the piss then get one with their work ^_^ (which as I'm the boss they made the most of whilst they could)

Hills are psychological,the more you think you are going to struggle up them then the more you will, don't think about it and just pedal and you will be at the top before you know it:thumbsup:

jay clock

Massive member
Your age is not relevant. I do a lot of cycling and am 50. I did a loooooooooooong ride in Lanzarote last week with another 50 year old who had never done more than 80k previously, and was accompanied by another clubmate of 65.

Do little and often and add 10% a week.

OP
OP
2wd

2wd

Canyon Aeroad CF 7.0 Di2
Thanks for the encouragement

Now I've got over the 10 mile issue I feel much better and more confident

Plus I'm feeling stronger and fitter,which is why I took up cycling again :smile:

Night Train

Maker of Things
Your 10 miler beats me! Well done! :thumbsup:

I can do 25-30 miles in one cafe ride but over in York where it is flat. Back in Manchester I rarely do much more then 5-6 miles and usually only about 3-4 miles.
I am still aiming for a 100mile ride this year if my health allows.

Top Bottom