First 100 miles!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mrmacmusic

Veteran
Well, 113.9 to be more exact :biggrin:

Decided since it was looking like another nice day today that I'd go for 4 commutes (for the first time) this week. A beautiful hazy sunrise this morning, and an equal fastest time on the homeward run was the icing on the cake.

Chuffed to be making my 14.25 mile journey in a whisker over 51 minutes and averaging above 16.5mph - seems like the legs are starting to work now having only been doing 2 or 3 commutes a week for the past couple of months. So glad I decided to start this cycling mallarky!

Maybe this time next year I'll be able to say I actually did the 100 miles in one go :blush:

Always good to make progress!

OP
OP
mrmacmusic

mrmacmusic

Veteran
Thanks :biggrin: - reckon I'm nowhere near doing that 100 miles in one go yet, but building up the distance runs are firmly on my agenda for next year!!

I'll be happy if I can keep up the 28.4 miles a day for the forseeable future (and maybe even do 5 days in the coming weeks)... my wife isn't keen on me commuting in the Winter, and whilst I'm fired up for it, it is uncharted territory for me. Not sure I'll enjoy icy mornings... we'll see.

Top Bottom