first 100k audax done

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sarahpink

well I done it!! longest time I have ever ridden for. my god to my legs ache ache, my knee was also really sore towards the end. rest day tomorrow I think although knowing me will have a light ride evening time. really enjoyed it though. however me and mrs garmin edge are not friends lol, i didnt press the start button straight away and it kept on telling me to do a u-turn right back to the begining, and then it when i pressed it half way through was letting me ride the route. luckily I found some friendly people to tag along with and then saw some even friendlier cc members at the cake stop. so was a good day and the rain stayed off.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Well done! How long have you been cycling seriously? It's only a few months isn't it?

Now don't forget to rest, eat well and let your body recover for the week. A hot bath is beneficial for sore legs, get the muscles really warmed up then give them a good pummelling in the hot water.

jimboalee

Globalti said:
Well done! How long have you been cycling seriously? It's only a few months isn't it?

Now don't forget to rest, eat well and let your body recover for the week. A hot bath is beneficial for sore legs, get the muscles really warmed up then give them a good pummelling in the hot water.

No really, a COLD shower on your legs is better.

A hot bath will cause the muscles to inflate and go saggy, and the skin will absorb water.

Remember RICE. Rest ICE Compression Elevation.

Cold water immersion will make the muscles tighten up and push out the fluids from their use.

Then get into a comfy chair, put your feet up and watch the highlights of the TdeF while someone feeds you panfried chicken, fried eggs and a big wedge of cheese.:smile:
Then, take a blood thinning recipe before bed. Hot milk with a shot of the hard stuff.:rofl:

Well done....

yello

Well done Sarah. I bet you're feeling really pleased (and tired!) right now.

Don't worry about the Garmin, you'll get the hang of it. The main thing is that you enjoyed the ride.

Btw, I'm also a fan of cold cold cold, as cold as you can stand it and colder, water for tired muscles.

jimboalee

Have one leg in a hot bath, and the other in an ice bath.

"According to the percentage people, you would be perfectly comfortable."

Good ole Bobby Bragan.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
sarahpink said:
well I done it!! longest time I have ever ridden for. my god to my legs ache ache, my knee was also really sore towards the end. rest day tomorrow I think although knowing me will have a light ride evening time. really enjoyed it though. however me and mrs garmin edge are not friends lol, i didnt press the start button straight away and it kept on telling me to do a u-turn right back to the begining, and then it when i pressed it half way through was letting me ride the route. luckily I found some friendly people to tag along with and then saw some even friendlier cc members at the cake stop. so was a good day and the rain stayed off.

Sounds like a good day out. I havent done an audax but hope to do one soon If I can fit one in. You need to get the sore knee issue sorted out .Possibly your bike or shoe cleats set up could be causing it. Dont just ride on and hope it goes away.

I did a hilly sportive today and am totally knackered but no specific pain just generally wiped out :wacko: Hot bath seems to have helped, dont think I could stand one of Jimbos freezing shower remedies.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
At my advanced age :wacko: (I'm just in my 50's :wacko:), I find that stretching my quads, calves and hamstrings makes a massive difference to how stiff I will be the next day.

Proper stretches = much quicker recovery.

Highly recommended. :biggrin:

Well done, I think I saw you there, very blond, small, stood near to the tandem? Interesting to see the variety of people and bikes, tandem, folding bike, guys with the full road setup, even one with a time trial helmet on!
It was my first too, very enjoyable, very drained afterwards though.

rsvdaz

well done sarah..because of events regarding my father I got back too late to register and also missed the Dartmoor Classic.

do you know when the next one is?

Top Bottom