First 25 miles using my new Schwalbe City Jets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norm

Ah, right. :smile: Your rims should be fine switching to narrower tyres then, alci. :smile: The rims on the XC1 will be fine with 1.5" tyres although you might find that narrow tyres make the bike look strange - this is what my Talon 3 looked like with them, for instance.

hotmetal

Whether it's worth buying a second set of wheels or not depends on how much spare cash you have and how often you change tyres. If you commute all week and then hit 'proper' trails most weekends, then yes. If you only change back to knobblies at the end of the summer or once or twice a season for the occasional weekend away, then no.

Don't forget that new wheels means running 2 sprockets (one on each rear wheel), so if one of your sprockets and/or chain is already quite worn, you may have to factor a replacement c&s into the cost too. I gave up on all the messing about a while ago and got a bike for road and a mountain bike, but obviously that's not an option for everyone.

Norm, so the river path has dried out enough for CityJets? Oh what fun we had that day when it was so slimy!

Norm

hotmetal said:
Norm, so the river path has dried out enough for CityJets? Oh what fun we had that day when it was so slimy!
:smile::laugh::laugh:

That was yesterday, though, I think I'd be going with balloon tyres again today. :smile:

kewb

Helly79 said:
wow I am so happy with these tyres, it was really amazing feel. I can't believe how different my bike handles. I purchased these on Monday and they were delivery and fitted on Tuesday. I cycled to and from work using them but today I did 25 miles. It was really smooth and I didn't have to work as hard as i have done on my Nobbly tyres. My hubby would like some on his bike now :biggrin: as I kept over taking him by freewheeling past ROFL.

It was a great ride we didn't have any maps just keep cycling and going down roads which looked interesting even went past some pheasants in a field that sounded like they were beat boxing :ohmy:. You see so much more while cycling it great :biggrin:

thats how i decided my routes initially ,
now ive loads of favourites and always on the look out for new ones .
overtaken any knobbys yet , wait till they see a mtb flying past like a road bike lol .

OP
OP
Helly79

Helly79

kewb said:
thats how i decided my routes initially ,
now ive loads of favourites and always on the look out for new ones .
overtaken any knobbys yet , wait till they see a mtb flying past like a road bike lol .

haha yes I have lol

Thanx for the advice guys I think I will keep to one set of wheels, and change the tyres as and when.

Norm

cyberknight said:
Wait till you overtake roadies on it .....at least up hill

I mean of course all the gear no idea type;)
The last couple that I went past on Saturday were just like that, riding the riverbank on beautiful looking black FS bikes, wearing black full lycra kit underneath baggy MTB shorts, clipless shoes with overshoes, black caps under black and silver helmets... oh, such style, such class.

I almost felt guilty passing them wearing jeans and trainers on my pink 20 year old bike.

Top Bottom