First 30 miler

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cheshire Celt

Legend
Well got the new bike out today and completed my first 30 miler form alsager up to keele Newcastle under Lyme then down to Stafford completed in 2 hr 7 minutes would be grateful on some feed back on the time as I'm new to this average speed about 15 miles really enjoyed it to

Eribiste

Careful with that axle Eugene
That sounds pretty fair to me.
I've been slaving over the hot handlebars of a "sit up and beg" for ages to get from 12mph to the heady pace of 15mph!

Don't fret averages - they are meaningless. They are even more meaningless without an understanding of the route profile and your effort level over the ride, both of which have a huge impact on overall speed.

Well I have been at it about 7 wks, and just mid to high 13mph, so well done. Mind I do carry almost a qrt of the weight of the bike again in panniers.

Don't fret averages - they are meaningless. They are even more meaningless without an understanding of the route profile and your effort level over the ride, both of which have a huge impact on overall speed.
I dont, todays ride was a little tougher than my normal route so its down a little, but up on the last time I did it, my main reason is to improve my core endurance and strength so I can take my camera gear, well some of it.
This is some of my work. Flickr

Standoff

Well done. I did my first 30 a few months ago. Then half century then sixty. You'll be doubling your thirty in no time. Have fun.

OP
OP
Cheshire Celt

Cheshire Celt

Legend
Cheers guys there where a few really long up hill up into Keale was a killer so happy with the new bike that's 60 miles in 3 days so might have a day off . And it so helps when you have one of these to soak my muscles in

82576fe4.jpg

MattHB

Proud Daddy
Cheers guys there where a few really long up hill up into Keale was a killer so happy with the new bike that's 60 miles in 3 days so might have a day off

Yes don't forget to rest, it's really hard though when you have the rush of beating your PB's. If you rest though you may be surprised as to how fast your body responds.

Top Bottom