First 30 miler

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
as above, I think as you ride more, you can ride further than you would at the start believe possible, i didn't do @Mo1959 mileage yesterday ( a mere 36 miles I think), but fueled by three toast about 6 am I woke up, don't sleep well Thursday, then nodded off, missed my porridge, rode to my mates house about 22 miles, coffee 3 jelly babies did some painting, then another 14 home some 4-5 hours later, I were a touch quicker though.

And today 53 miles on the bowl of porridge at about 9.30 got in about 4:30 pm ish.Though in all honesty the time I spent at my mates and then coming back home, I really should have had something, it was telling toward the end, but was chasing an edington number.

howard2107

i take plenty of water and a few light snacks and a fiver in change, i like dark chocolate digestives, but i only eat them if i need them. i usually get hungry about half an hour after i get home. I do tend to get through the water, but know when i have had enough, as many a hedgerow will bear testament.

Lisat

I did a 200km on a bowl of porridge, 3 bananas, 4 coffees and a pint of chocolate milk.
Which was fine as I wasn't pushing it. I never tend to eat a large amount straight after the ride either. The following day is a different story I could eat my own leg.

_aD

Do not touch suspicious objects
Avoid apples. I made that mistake, and I only made it once. Besides, we all know bananas are the Fruit of Cycling.

Congrats to all the posters on their 30 miler milestones. Seems like an impossible distance to ride a bike until you manage it, then the world is your oyster as you start to think about a spell of touring...

J1888

Über Member
Glass of water before I go does me for 30 miles. Very hot day I will take a bottle of water with me.

Amazes me that some people fuel up for 2 or 3 hours of activity as if they were going on an expedition to the North Pole. :rolleyes:

Your medal's in the post pal:okay:

Top Bottom