First 600k tomorrow!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steve52

I'm back! Yippeee
yahhh.keep going that man :bravo:

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
And out :sad:

My hafever got so bad that I was havving to stop every 30 seconds and remove the gunk from my eyes. They are also stinging like crazy.

I thought I'd found a way to manage them but obviously not. As I seem to be unable to ride in polleny conditions then there's little point in trying LEL either :cry:

Don't give up hope; last year I had one 200km (first one down south) where on the way back my eyes etc were so bad and gunk was flowing out of me that I couldn't actually see at times, its never happened again, I just think I had to acclimatise to the pollen down south :wacko:

OP
OP
middleagecyclist

middleagecyclist

Call me MAC

My hafever got so bad that I was havving to stop every 30 seconds and remove the gunk from my eyes. They are also stinging like crazy.

I thought I'd found a way to manage them but obviously not. As I seem to be unable to ride in polleny conditions then there's little point in trying LEL either :cry:
Don't let this DNF stop you doing starting LEL. Hayfever was a big part in my DNF but I know some inhaled steroids will work for me if I give them a couple of weeks. Have you tried these before? Also the pollen count on LEL could be much lower than now. Another thing I realise made my eyes worse was descending without eye protection (I'm always bad putting glasses on and only use them when there are lots of buzzies about and/or the descent is a fast one). So, there are things you might be able to do to alleviate your symptoms and even if you still have to stop at least it's a DNF rather than a DNS! You've already paid for it so give it a go. You've got nothing to lose. Nothing ventured, nothing gained is what I'm going with.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Maybe. I was wearing shades all the way round and on antihistamines as normal. I could have tried eye drops as well if I'd remembered to pick them up, but even they are only effective to a point.

What worries me, though, is that I had a very similar episode on a night ride to Redcar last year; and that was the same weekend as LEL starts this year.

frank9755

Cyclist
Don't worry - it will probably be cold and rainy for LEL!

steve52

I'm back! Yippeee

solutions are us. a mask and snorkle with filter :laugh:

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
solutions are us. a mask and snorkle with filter :laugh:
Or just rain for the whole ride. Last year would have been perfect :rain:

That was a bad blow up yesterday, as I'm still feeling the effects of it now even after upping the medication and being inside a house/train/car for most of the day.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
anyway i did my 200,:bicycle::bravo:210 in fact but i have to confess my legs run out of up hillidness at 160,and had to do many walks oh shame
Well done!:bravo:

Sorry you didn't make it mcshroom.:sad: Hayfever is a right pain. I've been sneezing and sniffling on and off since the tree pollen started back in february.:thumbsdown:

Top Bottom