First 600k tomorrow!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
@middleagecyclist - MAC, if you want company from Holmfirth for an hour or two, drop me a note.

Otherwise, enjoy the ride. It'll be a long one ...

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Quote from yanto over on YACF: -
He arrived at my house at about 00:10 (just off route north of Melton).

Duly fed, watered, washed and slept and fed again this morning, and was kicked out at just gone 6am.

He was ok, although the stretch from Colsterworth with tired legs slowed him a bit. Largely cross/ tail winds apart from going into Gainsborough and the Colsterworth/my house stretch.

He was ok!

When he left there wasn't a breath of wind, still very light, but nevertheless a head wind!

THat was at about 350km so it's looking ok so far :smile:

OP
OP
middleagecyclist

middleagecyclist

Call me MAC
Failed :cry:

Did well yesterday. 350k in 17hrs 30 mins total, 15hrs 32 mins moving with an average moving speed of 14.2mph. I felt fine and wasn't pushing too hard. I stopped overnight for 6 hours and slept for 4 and half of them. Started again at 06:15hrs and after 40k I began to feel unwell - thirsty despite drinking lots, no energy even though I was eating lots of carbs, nauseous and very, very tired. I just wanted to curl up and sleep. I tried having a rest but it didn't help. I pushed on for another 50k bargaining with myself to get to the end. When I got to Uttoxeter though I'd just had enough. I still had 13hrs left and just 160k to go but I really couldn't face it anymore. I got the train home.

I've don't know if I just don't have it in me to do more than 400k comfortably or if my nutrition and hydration is all wrong. At the moment though I am just glad to have finished and I'm now off to bed for a bit.

Failed :cry:

Did well yesterday. 350k in 17hrs 30 mins total, 15hrs 32 mins moving with an average moving speed of 14.2mph. I felt fine and wasn't pushing too hard. I stopped overnight for 6 hours and slept for 4 and half of them. Started again at 06:15hrs and after 40k I began to feel unwell - thirsty despite drinking lots, no energy even though I was eating lots of carbs, nauseous and very, very tired. I just wanted to curl up and sleep. I tried having a rest but it didn't help. I pushed on for another 50k bargaining with myself to get to the end. When I got to Uttoxeter though I'd just had enough. I still had 13hrs left and just 160k to go but I really couldn't face it anymore. I got the train home.

I've don't know if I just don't have it in me to do more than 400k comfortably or if my nutrition and hydration is all wrong. At the moment though I am just glad to have finished and I'm now off to bed for a bit.
Still a good effort, chapeau. The most I've done on a day is 300km and at the weekend (over two days) just shy of 500km (305miles) :bravo:

Top Bottom