First bike advice needed :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Darren Gregory

Rides a Pinnacle Arkose 3 and a Trek Emonda SL6
As others have mentioned the CX, Advernture bike, Gravel bike is probably a good place to start looking. I have a 2015 arkose 3 and I really like it, check out my previous posts about it. Evans let you take them for a spin so no reason to not try them.

My commute when I do it all the way is about 18-20 miles each way so sounds similar to you. I'm sure you will know this but it might take time to build up to that sort of distance. Also consider your budget and your cycling clothing. I have been commuting full time since September and the big thing I noticed is that my clothing range expanded during that time.

Agree with the posters above. You can do a 17 mile commute and you can do a commute using canal paths. I think most people would struggle to do both daily.

When you get the bike, you'll see what works for you. Going on the roads, only cycling some days, using a train for part of the distance. When you are more accustomed to cycling, you realise that the roads aren't as bad as they seem now - though there are certainly plenty of roads I wouldn't cycle along daily.

Top Bottom