First Bike Path in our Region.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Zipp2001

Veteran
It's been long overdue and will be very much welcomed. They are in the progress of building a bike path that will connect the twin cities of Fitchburg and Leominster. This is the first bike path in this region and is 3.75 miles long. Not real long but it does get me off route 12 which can be a bit crazy at times and has no bike lane to ride in. So today after work I decided to go check out how it was coming along.
Building the Bike Path ! - YouTube

It's been long overdue and will be very much welcomed. They are in the progress of building a bike path that will connect the twin cities of Fitchburg and Leominster. This is the first bike path in this region and is 3.75 miles long. Not real long but it does get me off route 12 which can be a bit crazy at times and has no bike lane to ride in. So today after work I decided to go check out how it was coming along.
Building the Bike Path ! - YouTube

How do the locals pronounce Leominster in the US?

Mike_P

Guru
And if like the UK the surface will not be level with roads crossed, and it will have steep ups and downs and twisty bits for no apparent reason other than it looked good on the designers drawing board plus added mounds in the darkness of an overbridge with a twisty level route between them and the odd Cyclists Dismount sign.

OP
OP
Zipp2001

Zipp2001

Veteran
new profile pic? is that off your 3D printer?
that route 2 over pass looks like fun, not

I saw this piece on a competitor web site and ordered it with a few of there dog figurines. It was a awful plaster color, so I painted it gold, and just painted the base black. Route 12 is tricky at times and when you have cars merging from your right with two lanes on your left it can get hairy at times.

DRM

Guru
Truckers coming from other parts of the US call it Leo-minter
I was going to ask the same, I've had a look on Google maps and in Kansas there's a Keighley, once famously mis pronounced by BBC Radio 1 DJ Tony Blackburn as Keeley, West Yorkshire, it's actually pronounced as Keethlee. I wonder how they pronounce it in Kansas

Top Bottom