First break down.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BlackPanther

Hyper-Fast Recumbent Riding Member.
Puncture aside, my trusty Trice has had its firsts malfunction.

Riding home on Friday I felt what I was sure was a puncture, but the tyre was fine. Upon quick inspection, I discovered the offside front suspension had no bounce, and a lot of travel. Rode home carefully and today discovered that the elastomer had come right out. Couldn't work out why it had so much travel......even checking it against the other side. Looking at I.C.E.s helpful suspension replacement video, I realised that I couldn't fathom out the bump stop removal. The reason being that I have no bump stop on the offside......it has removed itself! At least it's a quick (hopefully cheap) fix. New bump stop, bolt and elastomers required, as the original had bent and I may as well replace both. It's a bit fiddly with the Borealis fairing doubling the length of most jobs, but should be back on the road before the weeks out.:hyper:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I don't feel so bad now. Wheeled my Performer out of the garage and noticed I only had half a flagpole. It must have snapped off on the last ride.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Wheeled my Performer out of the garage and noticed I only had half a flagpole. It must have snapped off on the last ride.
:sad: - especially as it's bound to be the top bit - the one with the wee flag on it ... :sad: :sad:

I believe kite struts are good replacements - @Cunobelin has the details. :thumbsup: (he posted them in a thread somewhere ... ;))

You can get ferrules to fit the present pole. Sand the sharp bits and then fit into the sleeve and glue in place - sorted

only cost a couple of quid from any supplier

Aluminum+ferrule.jpg

Attachments

• Aluminum+ferrule.jpg
    Aluminum+ferrule.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 44

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
You can get ferrules to fit the present pole. Sand the sharp bits and then fit into the sleeve and glue in place - sorted

only cost a couple of quid from any supplier

Aluminum+ferrule.jpg
The top have of the pole is lying in a ditch somewhere, though. It obviously threw in the towel the last time I went out.

Attachments

• Aluminum+ferrule.jpg
    Aluminum+ferrule.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 49
in that case any kite supplier will be able to provide a replacement

Measure the present stub as some are 6 mm and some 8 mm poles

I tend to purchase mine at the Southsea kite festival each year, but have bought parts from the Highwaymen before with no issues

Or a fibre glass supplier may be available locally

For a new flag..... try Helen at Raindrop Kites The Celtic and Dragon penants are my design in collaboration

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom