First Century.....and then another...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Thomk

Guru
I'm doing my first imperial century this Saturday followed by my second on Sunday. Weather looks a bit wet and I'm a bit scared :eek:

Jeez, your centuries are like buses!

I'm doing my first ton on Sunday, then if all goes well I'll enter the Manchester 100 at the start of September.

I couldn't entertain two back to back myself.

Best of luck with them both :smile:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Thomk

Thomk

Guru
Cheers, good luck with yours too! I'm going to try and go fairly slowly and hope to get up the hills with the target of just getting to the end, nothing more.

IanT

http://www.sprocketwaffle.co.uk
I'm sure you will be fine.

I did my first century on Sunday. Lost the front mech after 40 miles (forcing me on to the biog ring), had hail, lightning and torrential rain in the last 20 miles and was attacked by a stray Alsatian Dog (forgot to mention that in my earlier post).

But all these things only add to the sense of achivement and the vibrancy of the memory.

Good luck with your double -ton though. Let us know how you get on.

OP
OP
Thomk

Thomk

Guru
It didn't quite happen as advertised. I did a nice leasurely 105 miles last Saturday with a fairly weighty pannier and the weather was on the whole kind to me as there were a lot of stormy clouds looking for victims to annoy. Garmin Connect tells me I did about 5000 feet of climbing.
The only tricky part for me was miles 75 - 90 where I was a bit bushed and facing the worst of the ascents. Last 15 miles were nice though. Ate and drank loads and had fish and chips when I arrived at my B&B.
I only did 45 miles on Sunday due to a combination of very bad weather in the afternoon, slightly scary bumps from Lampeter to Emlyn and a picnic with the family.
So I'm fairly happy to have done my century and not too sad about ducking out on Sunday half way through.

Top Bottom