First club ride preperation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HovR

Über Member
>one of the lead out guys decided to spice it up
>The group got lost together
>a very steep hill that we all had to walk up
>wet/gravel/mud surface.

Sounds like the route back we took on last weekends club ride. We ended up hurtling down a dirt track, forded two small rivers, and found ourselves in the middle of what appeared to be a steam tractor recovery operation! :laugh: Great fun!

Glad to hear you had a good time. Will you be going back this week?

Reece

Veteran
Nice one Gaz!

OP
OP
Ajax_Gaz

Ajax_Gaz

Shut up Legs!
Quick update on the second club ride today.

I'd not committed to anything until I'd seen the planned route after last week and the weather. Thankfully the rain never came but it was very misty and cold and I was told 50 mile flat route.

Hard ride in a smaller group with a few lumps here and there but generally a pretty flat route and I knew a lot of the roads (though the hill up from Cowbridge was a killer)
53.6 miles door to door which including my commute gives me over 80 miles done this week.

Thoughts...

My bottom hurts quite a lot after a little while and the other riders have suggested visiting one of the LBS to try out different ones.
I seem to ache a lot on my wrists which could be to do with the length and angle of my stem so I'm also going to look into a proper bike fit.
I'm going to go to the track sessions midweek to get more practice following others closely (just confidence if anything)

Overall, kept up pretty well including a couple of stints on the front on the way back and I'm not as tired or sore as last week. If I can sort the little things out it should make those rides and distances more enjoyable at least.

Cheers
G

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
i should really get on some club rides, sounds fun
Club runs are the highlight of my week if family permitting i get to go , time to chat to like minded people and get some miles in whilst practising various aspects of group riding from drafting, through and off, pulling at the front etc along with coffe and cake :smile:
If you find a good club it can be a fantastic experience , the club i ride with (in the sig) has 3 groups who all set off from the same spot and time so you can choose what pace to ride at depending on your ability and how you feel along with 2-3 rides in the week + social meet.
I only get to go on Sunday runs but i always feel welcome even as a "part time" rider.

Reece

Veteran
Club runs are the highlight of my week if family permitting i get to go , time to chat to like minded people and get some miles in whilst practising various aspects of group riding from drafting, through and off, pulling at the front etc along with coffe and cake :smile:
If you find a good club it can be a fantastic experience , the club i ride with (in the sig) has 3 groups who all set off from the same spot and time so you can choose what pace to ride at depending on your ability and how you feel along with 2-3 rides in the week + social meet.
I only get to go on Sunday runs but i always feel welcome even as a "part time" rider.
+1 on club runs being highlight of my week. Did my 3rd one this week. Is great cycling with likeminded people, all from different backgrounds. It's also great motivation and helps no end for me.

JohnMc

Regular
Well done - and lots of good advice in this thread

Top Bottom