First Commute for 6 weeks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavintc

Guru
Well, following a protracted period off the bike while I recovered from pleurisy, today is my first commuting day on the bike since early Dec. I commute to Glasgow by train, and get the train back to Linlithgow, before completing the journey back to Edinburgh from Linlithgow station on the bike. It is about 17 miles - looking forward to the cycle again, just hope the weather is kind tonight.

Good luck with the commute and well done for getting back on the bike. Just make sure you take it easy!xx(

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Yep - hope it went well, Gav.

It was a wee bit wet, chilly and windy as I started off home tonight, but it wasn't torrential, so I hope you had similar luck with the rain gods.

Bet you'll be a wee bit tender in the saddle area though, after all that time off !!

OP
OP
gavintc

gavintc

Guru
Thanks for the comments guys. In the end it turned into a disaster, courtesy of First Rail. I caught the 17.15 out of Queen St and did not get into Linlithgow until 19.30. The train in front apparently had a complete failure. It was now too late to get off and cycle without leaving a worried wife at home. I finally got home just before 20.00. I had stupidly left my mobile in my suit pocket at work. So, day 1 cycling consisted of about 3 miles in Glasgow. Oh well, I am now completely psyched up for tomorrow. Such an anti climax. I was so enjoying turning the pedals in Glasgow city centre.

Tetedelacourse

God damnit! If you'd known you could have plunged yourself into 2008 with a nice 50 miler to kick it off, cycling back from Glasgow! Nae luck.

Weather's poifick today though.

One of my resolutions this year is to cycle commute whenever I can. As it turns out I have, but have only managed 3 days (inc today) so far due to work trips, weather (and by that I mean the closing of the FRB) lugging stuff in and home, working from home etc. But I will prevail! Like you Gav, being prevented from getting on the bike only serves to make me more determined than ever to get back on.

Bring on 2008!

Top Bottom