First day back

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brickisred

First day back after nearly 2 weeks away from cycling. On the ride in it felt like I was a lot slower and suffering the effects of not cycling for 2 weeks but got to work in only 35mins That's easily my quickest time on that route!?

Anyone else find that after a lay off? (Did swim a lot when away so guess that helped)

Should have cleaned and lubed the bike before I went on holidays though, especially as last ride was wet ;)

dondare

Über Member
This could indicate that you're not recovering enough between rides when you're doing them every day.
It's a hard thing to do, but best make Tuesdays and Thursdays "recovery ride" days; that is, take them really easy. No silly commuter racing, in other words.

OP
OP
brickisred

brickisred

Had started doing that recently but most of the time I lapse back into "must peddle faster!" or chase down anything, be it commuter, dog running, leaf blowing...

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Thu & Friday are my quickest commutes as I can rest at the weekend.

Mon/Tues, I have to resist the urge to go 100%, otherwise I won't make it to the tail end of the week.

I know what you mean though. Sometimes it can't be helped especially when a fair weather - atb riding wannabe flys past you when you're pootling along.

Just gotta reel him in.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
I've been off the bike for just over two weeks after my big ride to Cornwall.My knees and ankle needed some time to recover plus i still have a bit of numbness in both little fingers so it was definatly a good idea to stay off and drive the car thing ! Was a bit harder than i remembered this morning but it's downhill going home !!!

Top Bottom