First ever Puncture...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wait4me

Veteran
I bought a bike once

How did you get the others??????????:wacko:

Psycolist

NINJA BYKALIST
Yep, i think that is a sensible suggestion.....something i've been telling myself to do for ages, but obviously never got round to it :blush:

My buddy said he swears by 'Gatorskins' & has used them on his road bike for the past 2 years without any problems....does that sound like most peoples experience of them ?

I have the same opinion of Schwalbe Marathons, fantastially low wear rate, a noticably low rolling resistance and no punctures in 6 years or 18,000 miles. I activley sought an alternative during the summer period, tried out a number of options, Schwalbe Luganos, Maxxis Detonator, Slickasaurus, Panaracer Crosstown, Specialized Armadillo, a pair of Kendas and a pair from Giant. Non gave the sure footedness or free rolling that the Marathons give, but by the same token, i've never tried the Gatorskins.

OP
OP
WobblyBob

WobblyBob

I replaced gatorskins with Schwalbe durano because i was getting so many punctures.
Really :ohmy:...that's the first time i've heard of that with them !

I have the same opinion of Schwalbe Marathons, fantastially low wear rate, a noticably low rolling resistance and no punctures in 6 years or 18,000 miles. I activley sought an alternative during the summer period, tried out a number of options, Schwalbe Luganos, Maxxis Detonator, Slickasaurus, Panaracer Crosstown, Specialized Armadillo, a pair of Kendas and a pair from Giant. Non gave the sure footedness or free rolling that the Marathons give, but by the same token, i've never tried the Gatorskins.
Definitely can't complain about that...tyres that dreams are made of :laugh:

Peteaud

Veteran
I got a couple yesterday, which brings my tally for the last month to about eight, and yet I still feel totally cack-handed when changing inner tubes (I fix the tube once I get home).

Yesterday it took someone I was riding with to point out that if I put my gloves back on the co2 cannister would be less likely to burn off my skin :smile:

Get a cover.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/genuine-inn...ons-Genuine_innovations_Cartridge_Cover-Black

And some park instant patches.

SteveBM

I got two punctures on a charity ride and didn't have a clue how to change the tube. I was rescued by a Good Samaritan on both occasions, luckily.
After some practice replacements in the garage, using YouTube as a source of good practice my technique improved dramatically after doing it 5 or 6 times

Then, just before Xmas I spotted a fella on the side of the road with a p*******. I offered to help and got him on his way pretty quickly. I always practice good Karma on the bike and was filled with a huge sense of pride for having come to his aid.

So, WobblyBob, get practicing and you'll soon be coming to the aid of others!

OP
OP
WobblyBob

WobblyBob

I got two punctures on a charity ride and didn't have a clue how to change the tube. I was rescued by a Good Samaritan on both occasions, luckily.
After some practice replacements in the garage, using YouTube as a source of good practice my technique improved dramatically after doing it 5 or 6 times

Then, just before Xmas I spotted a fella on the side of the road with a p*******. I offered to help and got him on his way pretty quickly. I always practice good Karma on the bike and was filled with a huge sense of pride for having come to his aid.

So, WobblyBob, get practicing and you'll soon be coming to the aid of others!

Nice reply......yep practice is on the cards i think !!!

Top Bottom