First ever ride on an Ebike today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fritz katzenjammer

Der Ubergrosserbudgie
Working at a bike shop I’m getting to try a few of these things as well as working on them. I wouldn’t consider a cheap one as they just don’t hold up. We have had two mid drive units through the shop with 30 and 40 thousand kilometers showing on them. As both bikes were under two years old I figure the crazy beggers must be living on the poor things. Motors and batteries have held up, but they are in frequently for chains, cassette, tires, lighting upgrades…

Emanresu

It's horses bikes for courses.

I have both but will use whichever suits the touring route I take. You are limited in range with an e-bike and once the juice runs out, they are like lead pigs. With batteries they can be 25kg (without the panniers). My alternative is a light Ti (9kg).

So if you commute, the e-bike can make your journey much easier but like electric cars you have (presently) a limit to consider.

I'm enjoying my eBike, it's great for the shopping. Range is around 50 miles which is fine for any local rides I do. I'm probably going to switch back to Bike though if I do any cycle touring this year to save having to carry the charger around with me, also if I'm out all day I don't mind sitting in a low gear and spinning along!

Good morning,

Ribble haven't put the prices back up on their ebike range yet after the Dec/Jan sale, so go on, take the plunge:laugh:

To me the Endurance range seems much better value for money than the CGR better spec and a few quid less.

If you fit on one of the remaining sizes the ALe https://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/ribble-endurance-al-e-sport-1/ is a lot of ebike for the moeny when compared with what else is out there. On the other hand it is still £2k, which may be a lot if it is going to be a toy.

Bye

Ian

Last edited:
Top Bottom