first ever road bike!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sarahpink

my i cant tell you how excited I was when I went to pick my bike up this afternoon, I cant wait to go out properly in it tomorrow. will take a bit of getting use dto as never used drop bars before and slightly confused by the gears my old hybrid would tell me the numbers:blush: but going to get used to how the bike feels and hopefuuly should come more naturally. its a specalized dolce 24 2010 and is so pretty, I love it so much.

IMG00011-20100609-2029.jpg
[/IMG]

lovelynewbike.jpg

IMG00009-20100609-1823.jpg

Nice!!!! Love the pink bar tape! :biggrin:

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
Great looking bike, the pink bar tape really sets it off :sad:

I'd remove the wheel reflectors if I were you, they do cause damage if they become loose.

Now clock up the miles and enjoy your new speed machine :sad:

Best wishes
Norm

NormanD said:
Great looking bike, the pink bar tape really sets it off :sad:

I'd remove the wheel reflectors if I were you, they do cause damage if they become loose.

Now clock up the miles and enjoy your new speed machine :sad:

Best wishes
Norm

Just echo that. They will eventually fall off and you don't want it happening at 40mph downhill. One came off last week as my son was cycling his bike, caused a big wobble, luckily on an empty road.

Looks a lovely bike too, enjoy it.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Luvverly! Want to come out for a ride?

Get rid of those reflectors and the plastic disc off the back wheel (you'll need to remove the cassette to do that) and get some nice matching kit in pink and white and you'll look a real professional!

You'll get used to the gears; stay in the middle ring most of the time and use the big for fast riding and downhill. Is it a triple? I can't see. If it is, the small ring (granny ring) is only for climbing hills. While you are in those rings you can use the rear gears just like you did on your previous bike - small gear for fast and big gear for hills. Just avoid the extremes like big ring to big rear cog and small to small and you'll be fine.

JiMBR

May you have many happy miles on the new roadie!

The Specialized womens' bikes look great and, I am told, have been well thought out. I like the Vita hybrid, the Myka MTB and the Dolce & Ruby road bikes.

Yours looks great. I hope you have many happy miles together.

Maizie

Veteran
Hmm, just realised that the bike I am considering has white bar tape. So that'll be an early job then, learning how to replace it. With something in purple, I expect :biggrin:

Top Bottom