First (mini) tour for 2 years.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Just getting ready to head off on my first "tour" for a while. Only one night away, following the NCN route from North Ayrshire down to Ayr, Maybole, Crosshill, then south to Newton Stewart. About 85 miles. One night in a hotel, then depending on how I survive, return by the same route, or a shorter option to Dumfries for the train home. Hoping I haven't bitten off more than I can chew, as my cycling mileage has been cut somewhat over the last 2 years. It's a route I have done before, so I know what to expect with the Nick o' the Balloch etc.. We shall see......

gasinayr

Über Member
If the Nick o the Balloch seems too much, cross over from Crosshill to Stration and up to Rowantree toll from there. Still a climb up from Tairlaw Toll but less than the Nick

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Surprisingly, I made it. The batteries that turn the legs only just held out long enough 😀. A pic or two...

20200830_111237.jpg

20200830_131002.jpg

20200830_152225.jpg

Attachments

• 20200830_152642.jpg
    20200830_152642.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 20200830_140544.jpg
    20200830_140544.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 5

Slick

Guru
....And the coward's return route via Dumfries then the train is favourite (at the moment; final decision in the morning!)
Discretion is the better part of valour. :okay:

Enjoy👍

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Discretion is the better part of valour. :okay:

Enjoy👍
Actually, according to Google maps, Ayr is closer than Dumfries by about 4 miles, and only 300 ft more climbing. I can bail at Ayr and be home in an hour by train, rather than about 3 hours from Dumfries. Plus, the wind is to be from the south. So looks like Ayr is the more sensible option, and I can carry on cycling the flat bit home if I feel like it.

Top Bottom