First off - can you guess why?...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ohnovino

Large Member
That's right, stupid blooming clipless moment :blush:

Approaching a set of traffic lights, the straight-on lanes have a red but the left filter that I want is green. The last car in the straight-on queue is slightly blocking the filter lane. From 100 yards away I think, "I can fit through there". From about a car length away I think, "oh ****, no I can't". Braked to a stop (not that I was going quickly anyway) but couldn't get my feet out. I'd adjusted my cleats after my last ride and hadn't practised with the new position. So down I went very, very slowly, into a pathetic heap on the pavement.

Thankfully there's no major damage. My left shifter and rear wheel QR have picked up some battle scars, but it's only cosmetic. I've lost some skin on both sides of my left ankle (no idea how that came about) and I've got a bruise on my lower back the exact size and shape of my mini-pump.

PpPete

Legendary Member
We've all been there !

frayBentos59

Specialized OCD
ha ha I did exactly the same on the water front just past the albert dock. the worst part was people laughing because I still couldnt get my feet out when I was wriggling about on the floor :crazy:

Do you spend any time on top of the bike, Muddy?

lol Crax .. it does'nt feel like it at the moment mate

That said .. all of my incidents have been on the tourer (that is to big for me) and i cant control very well on the drops

Foxy

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
When I came off in the kitchen my girlfriend almost wet herself.

All she could hear out in the garden was me grunting and shouting "Get off me you skinny bast@@d " as I wrestled with the bike to get my feet free from the cleats.

I no longer have the problem.

2008_04_st_sportG4_600.jpg

Steve

Top Bottom