First p******er ever

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

photography27

had my first ever punct**e tonight on the way home from work, decided to put the spare tube in instead of fiddling with repair kit as it looked like it was gonna lash it down any minute, but i have to saymany thanks to the bloke who pulled up in his car and asked if i was ok, and did i need any tools to help me fix my bike......there are some kind people still left in this world!!!!

threshold

Oh yes, know where you're coming from!
First really lashing rain, and the p******e Fairy descends. Not nice on the side of the A4123 B'Ham inbound I can tell you, thank God I carry a tube, but couldn't be 100% about foreign objects still embedded in tyre because of the deluge-- Ho Hum, happens to us all eventually I suppose :rolleyes:

OP
OP
photography27

photography27

i done 620 miles without a p*******r, dunno what caused it as there was nothing emmbedded in the tyre, just a tiny hole in the tube.....oh well, these things happen lol

Crankarm

Guru
It's PUNCTURE! Not p******e fairy or any other similar such euphemism.

Sorry you got one. What was it a thorn, a tack or glass?

What sort of tyre and what pressure do you inflate them to?

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Four visits from her this year. There is no common feature. The tyres are at 7 bar, but she visits on tow-paths and inner city roads equally. I have taken to stashing a couple of pairs of latex gloves into the bag. You get seriously black hands if you do not have a pair.
( Quite how a sewing pin ended up through the side of my tyre in Earls Court remains a total mystery)

Good luck.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
had my first ever punct**e tonight on the way home from work, decided to put the spare tube in instead of fiddling with repair kit as it looked like it was gonna lash it down any minute, but i have to saymany thanks to the bloke who pulled up in his car and asked if i was ok, and did i need any tools to help me fix my bike......there are some kind people still left in this world!!!!

Nice!! Some people are very kind. I laughingly told a chap he must be a cyclist because he drove through a red light. He laughed and said yes, then offered me a lift when I said I was knackered.

How's that hill going, btw?

Davidc

Guru
I think puncture faries get together and chose a cyclist to pick on. You can go thousands of miles and a couple of years with no punctures and then suddenly you get a load in the space of a few weeks and a hundred miles or so. When they're bored with you the faries look for someone else to victimise.

They're at their most bored at night, when they liven things up for themselves by chosing the darkest possible places to strike. They just love watching yclists get soaked tryig to fix punctures in the rain, and get a real kick from doing their worst when it's freezing cold and windy.

Nasty little beasties really!

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
It's PUNCTURE! Not p******e fairy or any other similar such euphemism.

Sorry you got one. What was it a thorn, a tack or glass?

What sort of tyre and what pressure do you inflate them to?

Aww, Crankarm.... a visit from the p******e fairy is far more romantic than 'a holed tube' or a plain 'puncture'. There's a lot to be said for retaining a sense of fun and childish innocence.

Now I'd better go - I'm about to have a visit from the WeeWee Fairy, and don't want to get any of her magic pixie lemonade on my strides. :tongue:

joggingbob

Childish - yes, but the "wee wee fairy" comment made me laugh!

OP
OP
photography27

photography27

i dont believe it...on the way home today i had another puncture, piece of glass this time, thats 2 in 2 days......i feel like my tyre...deflated lol/
the hill is easy now, thanks for asking

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
i dont believe it...on the way home today i had another puncture, piece of glass this time, thats 2 in 2 days......i feel like my tyre...deflated lol/
the hill is easy now, thanks for asking

Oops, that is deflating. Ah well, think of it as practice and training. You'll get better and faster at sorting it, mark of a serious cyclist.

Awesome on the hill, chuffed for you!!!

Top Bottom