First project - What do you think?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Brahan said:
Before I commit to a single or fixed I've been riding for the last two days on my small chainring at the front which is 42 tooth and while leaving the whole cassette on the rear I've wrapped the chain around my 16 tooth which seems ok. There were a couple of hills on my chosen route home last night which got the heart pumping hard but I don't know yet......I mean I like how the bike looks without the clutter of gears etc and it's fun but there just doesn't seem to be enough speed. So as yet am undecided but it's looking likely that the gears may be making a come back.......

Hi Brahan, anywhere near Littlehampton...?

I'm gonna be doing a fixed soon(ish), when it's done, you can maybe check it out....I'll let you know if you like..!;)

OP
OP
B

Brahan

Über Member
Ha ha nowhere near Littlehampton. I'm in East Grinstead so that may be a nice journey if I head off early on a Sat/Sun. Yup I'd do it , why not?

Would my frame allow a single speed to function easily even though there is no place to mount the screws that a track frame has?

Brahan said:
Ha ha nowhere near Littlehampton. I'm in East Grinstead so that may be a nice journey if I head off early on a Sat/Sun. Yup I'd do it , why not?

Ok, I'll ride 1/2 way up, and meet you at....Burges hill...? Let me get finished with my project tho' first...!

Brahan said:
Would my frame allow a single speed to function easily even though there is no place to mount the screws that a track frame has?

Well, I've got this...
Dropouts.jpg
, and I'm intending to build it into a fixed, but I'm doing it on an EXTREME budget..i.e. as close to nothing as possible!

If yours is similar, it'll probably work.....checkout Sheldon Browns stuff at

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/fixed.html

;)

Top Bottom