First proper bike I ever had.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
8foot cyclist!!!!
No, I'm only 6 foot tall but have very long legs, this fits me lovely

DSCN0129.JPG

13 rider

Guru
Yes light blue black and gold detailing black full mudguards

taximan

senex crepitu iuvenis cordi esse
Mine was a Hercules Jeep that my dad bought for me when I was about 10. It had 18 inch frame, 24 inch wheels and rod brakes, I remember that I was so proud of it.

Last edited:

Slick

Guru
Mine was a Hercules Jeep that my dad bought for me when I was about 10. It had 18 inch frame, 24 inch wheels and rod brakes, I remember that I was so proud of it.
I seem to remember one if those in a kind of two tone blue in my deep and darkest past.

lazyfatgit

1970 or thereabouts. Handed down triang. It was red with white pneumatic tyres a rod front brake and cable rear. Think it had chrome mudguards too. Got an upgrade aged 7 to a Raleigh Tomahawk. (A wee version of the Chopper) It was red too.

GuyBoden

Guru
I'd had plenty of old bikes I'd bodged together from parts when I was young, but my first proper racer was a custom built Ron Spencer, when I was probably about 18. I'd saved up for a long time for the bike. Shimano 600, Reynolds 531 frame. My uncle was a good amateur racer and I was determined that I could beat his times, I never did.

(The bike was stolen in the 1990's and never seen again.)

bluebus200

I had a puch racer with 10 gears....whatever happened to puch?

OP
OP
Goofball

Goofball

1970 or thereabouts. Handed down triang. It was red with white pneumatic tyres a rod front brake and cable rear. Think it had chrome mudguards too. Got an upgrade aged 7 to a Raleigh Tomahawk. (A wee version of the Chopper) It was red too.

triang.jpg

I think my first bike was like this, But I remember the TT10 on it.

Top Bottom