First proper bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

madferrit

Regular
I had been putting off the idea for a long time and a few weeks ago I finally decided to buy a bike. Always wanted to do something active, with a little speed, and I would always remember how cycling would give me so many fond memories when I was younger. Took advantage of my Cycle 2 Work scheme and after some helpful advice from my local independent bike store, I took delivery of the 2020 Giant Roam 2.

Been out on it every day over the last week and each ride is giving me a buzz. Can't wait for weekends when I can be out longer without having to worry about it getting dark after work.

Attachments

• IMG_1640.jpg
    IMG_1640.jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 26

Sharky

Guru
That's not a proper bike ….

It's too clean!!!!

vickster

Legendary Member
I had been putting off the idea for a long time and a few weeks ago I finally decided to buy a bike. Always wanted to do something active, with a little speed, and I would always remember how cycling would give me so many fond memories when I was younger. Took advantage of my Cycle 2 Work scheme and after some helpful advice from my local independent bike store, I took delivery of the 2020 Giant Roam 2.

Been out on it every day over the last week and each ride is giving me a buzz. Can't wait for weekends when I can be out longer without having to worry about it getting dark after work.
Nothing to stop you riding after dark, just get some decent front and rear lights suitable for the roads you're using (urban, suburban, more rural) (If you didn't get em already as part of the C2W purchase)

Enjoy, also make sure you lock it up securely anywhere in London!

OP
OP
M

madferrit

Regular
Nothing to stop you riding after dark, just get some decent front and rear lights suitable for the roads you're using (urban, suburban, more rural) (If you didn't get em already as part of the C2W purchase)

Thankfully I have a garage to securely lock it away. Also invested in an Abus lock with a high rating which should deter anyone who wants to try their chances.

For lights I got some CatEye lights for front and rear and I do hope to build up the confidence and skills to venture out in the evenings. I live in the suburbs and we have some great places around here.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer

Bikes like that are definitely thief magnets as they are easy to resell, so I would not leave one of those unattended anywhere in London for even five minutes, good lock or no good lock. Use a worthless hack bike for urban utility rides and keep desirable bikes for the sort of rides where the bike is not going to be left out of sight.

Since the pic I've played around with a configuration a little. I've got a saddle bag with the light fitted to the rear and have lowered the mudguard just a fraction.
Good, I recently started wearing a second red light, on the back of my helmet,
it’s a small cat eye, it seems to slow the cars down as they approach, I think they
get confused and suspect roadworks ahead, either way better to be seen.

Top Bottom