First proper cx race

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Citius

Looking forward to seeing the pics.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Sorry guys no pics and not really much to report. After only riding twice and doing 3 turbo sessions since june. I blew up big time after 2 laps and 14mins into the race.....it was a real eye opener, think i will stick to TTs

U

User19783

Well done for trying,
But don't give up, wait just a month and enter another one, as you got all the kit.
:cheers:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Sorry guys no pics and not really much to report. After only riding twice and doing 3 turbo sessions since june. I blew up big time after 2 laps and 14mins into the race.....it was a real eye opener, think i will stick to TTs
In fairness to the noble sport of CX (and TT!), only 2 road rides and 3 turbo sessions since June isn't really training for anything other than actually starting training for next year! :okay:

In a year's time, you might really enjoy a CX race.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

In fairness to the noble sport of CX (and TT!), only 2 road rides and 3 turbo sessions since June isn't really training for anything other than actually starting training for next year! :okay:

In a year's time, you might really enjoy a CX race.
Your defo right colin....but as i agreed to enter i didnt want to go back on my word and let people down

Citius

Gilwern is a tough course for any level. Pembrey next week is a much better option - mostly flat, 100% rideable and guaranteed no mud.

Come to Pembrey and I will buy you a tea.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Gilwern is a tough course for any level. Pembrey next week is a much better option - mostly flat, 100% rideable and guaranteed no mud.

No thanks

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Don't sack it off Jonwy. Youve picked a hard time of year for your first CX. Try it in late August/ early September when it's firmer under foot.

And honestly, take 20lb out of your rear tyre. Take it from someone who can give you 5kg easily.

Neilsmith

Was going to be my first attempt as its my local course. But I got injured and can't get on a bike at present, but I may go and watch as my mate will be riding.

potsy

Rambler
You did the hard bit by just getting out there, some training, a few tips off the seasoned cx'ers on here and you'll be good to go again.

Well done.

Top Bottom