First proper off road outing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Of to Glentress with the guys from work. Been told not to break any bits of my body by SWMBO :smile: Looking forward to it to see out the Fury handles things.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Enjoy :biggrin:

e-rider

crappy member
I found that everytime I went off-roading I'd break a part of my bike, which started to cost a small fortune, so I gave-up off road riding and now just do canal paths and country lanes

battered

Guru
I've ridden various bikes off road for 15 years and other than wearing things out I've not broken more than a spoke in that time. I reckon your bike is less likely to break than you are, so go steady, check your bike over before setting off and enjoy yourself. It will be a lot easier to go out again next week if you have no broken bones, after all.

OP
OP
MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
well was a good day but by hell it was hard going :s Did the blue run with a bit of the red thrown in so we could do Spooky Wood which was fun :biggrin:. Come to the conclusion tho that off road is defo a harder workout than road riding.

lukesdad

MrGrumpy said:
well was a good day but by hell it was hard going :s Did the blue run with a bit of the red thrown in so we could do Spooky Wood which was fun :becool:. Come to the conclusion tho that off road is defo a harder workout than road riding.
Of course,but its much better fun;):smile:

Globalti

Legendary Member
That's not proper off-road, that's messing around on man-made bike tracks.

Proper off road is buying a map and going out exploring the mountains, it's what mountain bikes are supposed to be used for.

MtKeen300808015.jpg

lukesdad

100k marathons is proper off road.

alci4

MrGrumpy said:
these would require a full weekend pass, it was hard enough getting away to Glentress and do my walk at Lomand today ;)

lol i'm hearing you there

first trip out to wyre forest last week and damn doing my walk was hard work next day

found my road/canal speed is way up on what it was though so all good

nosherduke996

MrGrumpy said:
well was a good day but by hell it was hard going :s Did the blue run with a bit of the red thrown in so we could do Spooky Wood which was fun :biggrin:. Come to the conclusion tho that off road is defo a harder workout than road riding.

No its not. My heartrate hits 195 bpm on the road but when i am mtbiking it only reaches 175 max. ;)

alci4

nosherduke996 said:
No its not. My heartrate hits 195 bpm on the road but when i am mtbiking it only reaches 175 max. ;)

:laugh:well you aint doing it right then lmao (joke):biggrin:

i gotta agree with mrgrumpy but when road riding i dont do many hills like the ones i was doing at wyre forest so my legs took a beating mtbing compared to on road

OP
OP
MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
next trip to Gentress arranged for week saturday. Thinking of trying out a local trail near Kelty between now an then.

Top Bottom