First recumbent on my route

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bonj2

BentMikey said:
Laughing at bonj! Really, what a bundle of insecurities!

I do so admire the spirited, considered conviction with which you stick up for your cause Mikey.

mosschops2

bonj;34722][quote name= said:
Laughing at bonj! Really, what a bundle of insecurities!

I do so admire the spirited, considered conviction with which you stick up for your cause Mikey.[/QUOTE]

IMHO I think Mikey gives the debate about as much conviction as it is due!!!

aulda

beanzontoast said:
Never seen a single recumbent on my Derby commute all the years I've been doing it.

beanzontoast, I passed one last week on my way home up the A6. He was just leaving Duffield and had a couple of panniers so I am not sure whether he was touring or commuting.

Either way, I gave him a cheery wave. ;)

I don't know. You have an idle hour and choose to while it away truffling through threads that you've previously ignored and you chance upon this little gem. Wonderful! ;)

I've ridden a racing trike (borrowed from the estimable Greta, fastest granny I ever met) and yes, it's a sod to learn how to steer one. Most people end up going in a straight line because leaning don't work.
The conference bike was a hoot and the three wheeled recumbent trike was hilarious and very fast.

Arch - PM me your postal address. I've got a pea and the address of a very steep mountain for you. I'd like you to give up trying to talk sense into Bonj and spend your time pushing the pea up the mountain with your nose. It will be easier, more successful and probably more rewarding.

FWIW - I have friends with bents. Some people do gravitate to them because they are a bit different. I have a pet theory that says that techy types (ok, geeks. Don't complain, some of my best friends etc etc) tend to like them because they are, in some ways, better than 'normal' bikes while also being more challenging to work on. It's a bit like the Betamax/VHS or the PC/Mac split. The downsides to 'bents (bulk, cost, unfamiliarity etc) will always keep them as a niche product but there is still scope for that niche to grow.

Yup, Keith nailed it on page 1, but hey, it's been fun!

That's a new one!

In most foreign countries the driving is on the right, plus the tourists in their "recumbent" position will not be able to see normal road signs

Never heard of that one before!

Edited - quote marks sorted

Arch - PM me your postal address. I've got a pea and the address of a very steep mountain for you. I'd like you to give up trying to talk sense into Bonj and spend your time pushing the pea up the mountain with your nose. It will be easier, more successful and probably more rewarding.

When you mentioned a Pea.....................

I know that Arch is a "Princess", but no recumbent trike is thatcomfortable

The Princess and the Pea

When you mentioned a Pea.....................

I know that Arch is a "Princess", but no recumbent trike is thatcomfortable

The Princess and the Pea

Arch

Married to Night Train
Chuffy said:

;):biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: LOL!

I know, I know...

roshi chris

Where are you Bonj?? I'm thinking of buying a new vehicle at the moment through my companies cycle2work scheme, and I need your advice.

Should I get a recumbent; a fixed wheel track bike; a handbike (get arms like arnie); a moulton; or a unicycle? I think they're all great, what I really need is a breakdown of the advantages and disadvantages of each..

bonj2

roshi chris said:
Where are you Bonj?? I'm thinking of buying a new vehicle at the moment through my companies cycle2work scheme, and I need your advice.

Should I get a recumbent; a fixed wheel track bike; a handbike (get arms like arnie); a moulton; or a unicycle? I think they're all great, what I really need is a breakdown of the advantages and disadvantages of each..

I thought you'd already decided you're getting a recumbent...

Top Bottom