first ride for a month

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tynan

Veteran
gawd

did Dunwich this year in good style, caning my 11 mile each way commute and generally feeling like king of the road

made redundant a month ago and then three weeks hols on oz so no riding and six or seven bottles of beer every day, put on the best part of nearly a stone

resolved to start riding to get keep fit and the weight ff, car to the service garage in Loughton this morning, cheeky 8 miles home, great I thought

ghastly, king of the downhills, struggling on the flats and horrendous on the uphills, ran out of gears on the big cog for the first time, i rode a long but gentle uphill at 8.5 miles an hour, mortified

thighs aching, wobbly, no inclination to ride again today at all at all

how long is it going to take to get in decent nick again?

I was ludicrously eyeing some audax rides from Chelmsford last night, mming and aahing between the 100km, 150km and 200km

sigh

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
lol - back to Earth with a bump, eh? :smile:

It's scary how quick your body gives up its fitness, and a bloody p*sstake how long it takes to get it there in the first place (or back). :tongue:

C'est la vie!! :ohmy:

2 or 3 weeks. Currently on the same journey myself. Everytime I come back, I think, Gawd! this is getting harder each time.

For me strength always comes back before CV fitness.

OP
OP
Tynan

Tynan

Veteran
I could have cried, I've been strutting around for the last month thinking I still had it, blow the cobwebs out, perhaps a few dodgy rides and then back where I was

frankly not looking forward to getting back into shape

once you've had the steak the hamburger isn';t very nice at all

OP
OP
Tynan

Tynan

Veteran
much much better, a bit weedy but got there in good form, and the long but gentle hill I struggled on yesterday wasn't that gentle at all, 34 mph freewheeling and touching the brakes regularly

Top Bottom