First ride in 6 weeks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
Did 15 miles off road in an hour. and did some detours, got lost. took some photos. and watched the sun set.

I still got it :ohmy:

So how long does it take for the fitness to go? I was expecting a lot more trouble tonight than i got. Nothing was hard, even the hilly bits. I could have pushed a lot harder, and didn't feel the ride in my legs, lungs were creaky, but then that's asthma for ya.
So have i lost any fitness in the six weeks i've been off, or am i just a marvel of human engineering?

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
I don't know. I've been off for a couple of three week periods which didn't seem to affect me badly, but I may have suffered after six.

ASC1951

Guru
Steve Austin said:
am i just a marvel of human engineering?
A marvel, definitely. :laugh:

Did you calibrate your ride? Most people's default setting is to exercise at their discomfort threshold, which is why rides never get easier when you get fitter - you just go faster. The same may have been happening to you in reverse i.e. you went slower.

Keith Oates

Janner
Legs could be a little stiff tomorrow, but a period off the bike that doesn't include over eating and drinking is not so bad. As ASC1951 says, maybe your overall performance was down a little bit but the main thing is you enjoyed it, so count your blessings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh come on! Half of you is bionic, you're not fooling anyone.

I have spent considerably longer off the bike than that apart from utility cycling. I fully expect to suffer once I remount at the end of the school hols.

colinr

Two weeks off and my hamstrings were screaming for mercy after 23 miles. I must get lazy fast, six weeks would destroy me!

lukesdad

A lay off isnt as bad as people may think, If youve been riding regularly up untill the lay off such as yours(and not been silly) you should be able to keep upto 90% of your fitness,but I think you would need to probably ride for more than an hour to test it out.

Steve Austin said:
So have i lost any fitness in the six weeks i've been off, or am i just a marvel of human engineering?

Steve, can you remember anything about the crash or the bionic surgery? :hyper:

Top Bottom