First ride of the new year!

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by thewrinklyninja, 1 Jan 2008.

1. thewrinklyninja

thewrinklyninja Active Member

Well, the new year is here and its time to shift that Christmas cake weight. Went out for a quick 27 mile jaunt today. Was a bit wet and was glad I took my lights with me as I hit a quite patch of fog up on the moors.

So people, time to get back on the bikes! (apart from those that never come off them :smile: )

Hmm, foggy

BikeNewyearsday.jpg

2. Brock

Brock Senior Member

Yep, back on for the first day of work commute. Gah, thanks for reminding me. Nice picture.

3. Old Walrus

Old Walrus Über Member

Bit the bullet and finally went 'clipless' today.....no spills.....yet!

4. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

5. Brock

Brock Senior Member

This is Cycle Chat bonj, the 'chat' part giving a hint that informal light conversation is probably welcome?

6. Blue

Blue Legendary Member

7. Blue

Blue Legendary Member

Yeah, for the same reason I got out for a 30 miler today. Didn't encounter any fog, but it was so gloomy that I too was glad of the lights for safety reasons before I got home at about 3pm.

Jan/Feb to endure now, eh!!

8. Blue

Blue Legendary Member

I hope it stays that way, however, it probably won't, so I'll just wish you a soft landing ;)

9. Tynan

Tynan Veteran

6 am start today after driving most of yesterday from the Dordogne following a lovely crimbo of cake and chocolate and beer

and it was ok for all the doom on the radio 'severe weather, stay at home' indeed

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice