First ride on a Foffa NuVinci Black

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

keithmac

Guru
There's a Gates App for setting / checking the belt tension.

I run mine at 60hz (makes sense when you try it out).

Saying that I've had no reason to put a spanner near mine for over 1600 miles for belt adjustment.

Would be loathe going back to a chain now..

I just got a Foffa Nuvinci Black. I had to order it sight-unseen because it's a very uncommon bike. Apparently, effectively only available special order. I was able to snag the Black Friday deal that Foffa did on it, which made the bike even sweeter!

My first impressions...
It's not nearly as heavy as I expected. The gearhub is one of the heavier on the market, at 2.45kg, nearly a whole kilo heavier than an Alfine 8 at 1.59kg. But even with that, it still feels lighter, at 12.5kg, than my previous hybrid (and it is, but only just barely, my previous was 12.7kg).

The shifting, if you can call it that, is great. I find myself tweaking it all the time, but that's what you'd expect. It's really nice to be able to shift under load, and stationary.

This morning, on the first ride with a trailer, it felt a bit sluggish. I'm not sure if that's something to do with the transmission not liking the extra load from the trailer, or if it's just that there was a headwind this morning!:bicycle:
Hi,sorry to be a pain,but I am thinking of buying one these Foffas nuvinci and would love your impressions,I want it for commuting approx 12 miles not too hilly but can be windy!!I also want to put on mudguards etc are they easy to attach or a pain and are there eyes etc to attach to?how do find the tyres,the questions could go on forever so i apologise again...cheers M

Top Bottom