First ride out on my Dyna-tech 1993/94

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

daysnways

brought tail end of last summer, had it's first 50k outing today, i had promised dry miles only, but this is England, so it got a little wet! Had the wheels serviced, brought a san marco saddle and tufo racey tyres and refreshed the handlebar tape, lots of autosol and she has come up a treat, spent around £220 in total.

It the lightest and fastest bike in my arsenal, 30 tooth outback gives me extra i'm not used to! Bit unforgiving but twitchy n fast! love it. This means i can now move on to my knight, and get that slowly ready for action.

DCDTpq7XoAAq-eU.jpg
DCDTl7mWAAIO9uN.jpg

OP
OP
daysnways

daysnways

....oh only needs dust caps! seen the correct ones on ebay,..but £44 is a bit steep for two small bits of metal! It's a dura-ace first-gen, any decent alternatives apart from the generic cheap plastic chrome effect ones?

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Yeah, it's still annoying to put them behind unless you're having braking problems from the tighter bend ;)

midlife

Guru
The longer the stem the more the cables want to go behind the bars. Imagine a stem that's 2 feet long and it would be difficult to get the cables to go that far forward

The cables go near the stem in the middle as they pass over to the design of the bars does not make much difference

I'll have s Google for an image with a long stem with the cables underneath. The problem is worse for the front brake if centre pulls

Shaun

OP
OP
daysnways

daysnways

going underneath on my set up would mean a very sharp angle for the cables, they aren't great as is, but look neat enough, not too loopy like some i've seen.

I could see that a shorter stem set-up you could do it nicely in front, but this stem is on the short side for me as is, already thinking of inching the saddlle back on the rails an inch.

Most images i've seen they go behind, i'll get used to it and it's unusual to see nowadays so I'm all for standing out a bit.

I've got another bike to get on the road by summers end that will also have external cables, that all needs cabling from scratch, unlike this one, so I'll bear this in mind when it comes to it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom