First ride out on the folding bike!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sara_H

Guru
So, after months of shall I shan't I? I bought a folding bike at the weekend - a Hoptown 5 to be precise.

Mostly because I occasionally take my bike on the train at short notice (ie not booked a bike place) and I can't stand the anxiety of knowing if I'll be allowed on or not.

Anyhow, today presented the first occasion to use it - I took car to work, where OH (who'd been on nights) met me and drove home. Took folding bike with a plan to ride bike home and get OH to meet me at the bottom of the very big hill we live at as I've got a very nasty cold and didn't fancy riding up.
As it happened I got a chance to use it before then as I couldn't get parked close to work and ended up parked what would have been a 10 minute walk and made me late but actually was no stress cos I unfolded bike and rode in - no stress!

Got to say, who ever invented folding bikes deserves a prize!

As for my particular model, I love it. Feels really nippy and zoomy - I was surprised how well it handles hills. Its really good fun to ride - wouldn't want to go for a fifty miler on it, but for what its designed for ( a few miles either end of a commute etc) its brilliant!!

Top Bottom